When is a good time to make things official?

So I started talking to this guy on a dating app about a month ago. ( I know I know ) I am busy with school and work... (don't have time to go out. ) I stopped talking to him for some reason and then recently reconnected after he Msged me again a few weeks later. We just met in person about a week ago. He's really sweet, and definitely wants the same things I do. ( as in to date with the intention of marriage some day. Not into hook ups ) obviously I am aware that it takes time to get to know someone before things become official. We both want to take things slow. How long should I wait until he wants to make things official? Any advice on how I would know when this guy is ready for commitment? No rude answers please! I'd just like advice, so I don't waste my time :)

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 8

• Well there is no set of rules that dictates how long to wait to make it official. It all depends on u two. Since it takes two to tango, and only those two can create the dance moves, not the crowd. So it all depends on how u feel and how he feels and make it official. And like u said, no rush, u want to take ur time. So it all depends in ur heart's timing. Not a rule invented by strangers that have their own ideas about what a relationship should be

• when u feel ready

• It takes time. A different time line for everyone. You need to continue seeing him regularly and gauge your level of interest with his. From there it's a natural feeling or discussion to be had.
    With only one in person date behind you, it's going to take a little time to figure it all out for both of you.

• not yet. hangout a bit while longer

• What I would do is I would keep talking to him for a few more weeks (3-5) as you wanted to take things slow so don't rush into anything too fast. Afterwards if he does decide he is ready for commitment then great, if not just take it day by day/ week by week and see if it pans out

• ıf u feel ready o for it

• You just need to talk to him about it. Ask him how he feels about you and tell him how you feel about him. You guys need to Decide on if you want to be seriously involved and possibly get married later on.

• Why do YOU have to wait for HIM to make it official? When you are ready for it to be official, ask him if he feels the same... if he does great, if not ask if he thinks it'll get there or not, and take it from there!