Why can't I make any effort of trying to get a girlfriend?

I'm a 22 year old male who has NEVER had a relationship with any women and I honestly want to be with a women but at the same time I don't. Is it because I'm comfortable at where I'm at or is this weird because pretty much all guys my age have girlfriends.

I always have opportunities to meet a nice pretty girl but I always just shy away and come home later and regret that I didn't do anything but at the same time I feel happy because the situation of talking to a random girl would make me nervous and stutter. A good example is last week at the gym a really cute girl asked to share the squat rack with me and I said "ya it's fine" and when I finished I just left. I really wanted to ask for her name and introduce my self and get her number but these are the type of situations that I deal with and I always shy away (no confidence).

I don't know how long I can live like this and I hate myself because I'm shy and not confident in public.

Most Helpful Girl

• Fear of rejection? You like to contemplate the idea of doing something and having a relationship but you play it safe and don't even try which makes you feel content because there was no risk and no rejection.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm kinda the same way but with guys. I have gotten better with this, you just have to get out of comfort zone and talk to a girl the more you do the better you get. Because being a guy it's hard not many girls are going to approach you first.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm older and sort of like you