What's the rule for dating age differences?

I recently met someone I like. There's too much we like about each other... then I found out her age. I thought she was older and she thought I was younger. We hang out as friends and the attraction is growing. What do you think?

• Age is just a number
  • As long as she isn't a kid
  • Always live by your own rules
  • Listen to your friends

Most Helpful Guy

• There's the "B>(A/2)+7" rule where A is your age and B is her age. You're 25 so that would set a minimum age for her of 19.5 and a maximum age (just reverse the formula to look at it from her perspective) of 36.

What Girls Said 2

• Depends how old. Psychological a female that looks for older men means she had father issues and looks for a 'male figure'. And if a guy looks for older women then it means, he either had sex with older women when he lost his virginty and that's why he likes older women; or because he is also looking for a 'mother figure'. But then again. Age doesn't really matter if two are in the same page of the relationship and don't carry too much "drama baggage" in the relationship. So don't worry about it :) it works as long as the relationship and emotions is strong

• 12d

Lol no. I've always liked men who are around 25 to 30 and I don't have any daddy issues. Don't generalize

• 10d

agreed with the statement! I just cannot date a girl who is at my age or younger. I lost my virginity when I was 13 to a 21 year old

• 10d

@Tron5678 yeeey! I actually learn something in class 😆 lol. Well all that is normal behavior. As long as the relationship is strong and healthy like any other relationship, then it will be a good one

• My rule is if they look like my partner and not like my parent they can be dated.

What Guys Said 17

• age is a number,
    u need to focus on how old both of u look, like do both of u like how each other looks, aka are u hot to each other. if u both like 12 year olds then cool, if one likes a 12 year old and another likes 30 year olds then hey what ever floats ur boat. im talking looks not age, keep it legal at least ;).

next u have how u two get along. how do u act and behave? how doe she? does she like older guys behavior? do u like more mature girls or more naive girls and immature? neither is wrong, u just need to know whatu want and what both of u are. this way u can fnd out how well u get along.

with all that, as above, as long as u are legal in ur state, country. u are going to be a perfectly cute couple regardless of what ass holes on the internet say. most people who meet u in real life will most likely think u are a normal couple anyway.

• So long as it's legal, go for it.

The whole "half your age plus seven" thing is something people say (like "don't text for three days") but don't necessarily subscribe to themselves.

• My rule: At least 18 years old.

In practice, at least 10 years younger than me.

• B and C. If you both feel it's okay, and she's not a kid, it's usually fine. But be sure to think about your past personal opinions on boundaries. (Follow your heart, but don't ignore your head as you do.)

• 1/2+7 is a good rule to go by

• as long as she's legal... but at your age you probably want her to be 18+

• As long as it's legal. Eh depends on location. 12 in parts of Mexico. Oldest I'll date is 45, because I have enough wrinkles myself, I don't need hers too.

• trauma.blog.yorku.ca/.../ACpost2.Socialanxiety.jpg

Females are usually physically mature by 15-17 years old.

• The question is how old is she

• As long as she's not a minor.

• A man should always have an 18 yr old girl until he dies.

• Age is less important as long (as both parties are legal) than their feelings towards each other

• As long as she's 18, go for it.

• B and C. Live by your own rules, but don't be a pedo

• As long as its legal, have fun.

Socially acceptable normative rule is: Half your age plus seven. Meaning she has to be at least 18 for it to be socially acceptable with you.

• As long as she is the age of consent, it is fine, especially if you have a connection and things in common besides just sexual stuff.

• If you're both adults then as long as you're not old enough to her parent or the other way around age shouldn't matter