Should I give her a chance or dump her?

A week ago my girlfriend had stayed over at my house and her phone was lighting up with messages. When i went to put the phone on silent i noticed that the messages were to her best friend in which my girlfriend's ex was the subject of conversation. Apparently he was starting to see someone else and the message that threw me off was "I miss him like crazy". I confronted her and she explained that it was because of the idea that I wasn't happy with her the days leading up to that conversation with her friend. I was busy/frustrated with work at the time, nothing against her but she took it personal. She also mentioned she missed the mutual friends they shared while together. Now she's fighting for us to stay together and claims she has no feelings for her ex. Thoughts?

What Girls Said 9

• She misses him and she probably wish to get over him. If you can accept that, then give her a chance.

• She is not stable emotionally. If u don't give her attention because of work or anything. Then she wants to fill that whole by going back to her ex. A relationship should be based by: communication, loyalty, faithfulness, trust, and intimacy (if active or waiting for marriage). And by her even saying she miss her ex, she already tapping on having no faith in the relationship.
    Like is call an "ex" for a reason. One can't make a step backwards and then expect to go forward.

• Did she even try to tell you she was sad with your actions lately or that she felt that you weren't happy with her. She has to communicate, not just take actions that could lead to pushing you farther apart, but actions to try to bring you closer together.

• Break up.

• Move on from it. But be wary

• Sometimes we miss people, doesn't mean we want them back or that we aren't 100% happy right now. You just miss what was. He's her ex for a reason, you're her man for a reason.

• I wouldn't sweat it? Did they date for a long time? If so... it's not that deep but if it affected you and the way you see your relationship then yes dump her.

• 10d

They dated for over a year. But had stopped talking in August a little after we started to date.

• 9d

Having someone in your life an then not having them in your life anymore can be really hard even if you don't want to be with them anymore you almost can't help to still care about them. like I said I'd be absolutely cool with it but like I said if your not then you have to figure out how to handle it.

• I'd give her a chance.

• Dump.
    Red flag. Disrespectful. She is lying :/

What Guys Said 4

• Do what feels right to you. I would leave. Exes shouldn't be friends.

• Of course she has feelings for her exes. Don't you have feelings for your exes? The question is how strong YOUR relationship is. If you want the relationship to last, you and she need to make it strong.

• I'd dump her. She's obviously fucking needy and not worth the headache if she can't understand that you're busy with work. It only took her a few days to start considering other options. What about when work gets busier and you don't have all the time in the world for her? What happens when you get into an argument after that? How long do you think it would take for her to be bent over her ex's kitchen table?

• Yeah. Your her backup. Word of advice. If you got didn't get her young, chances are she is settling for you.