Why do so many girls like to date older guys?

2942

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't speak for all girls, but I used to date older guys because they are mature and wanting a long term relationship but I was wrong about that. Some of the older guys that I talked to was interested in sex only.
    I met a guy that was mature, wanted long term relationship, someone that wanted to be a better person because he did stupid things as a teenager. Found out he was 4 years younger than me, I changed my mind wanting to date older guys because I realized after meeting him young guys can be mature as well.
    He's my boyfriend of course and some people will look at our age difference and question it. But I don't care.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because we are very attentive lovers!

What Girls Said 28

• I believe it's often a maturity thing, I know that from 19-23 I've noticed that there are quite a few gents from that age group who are still in the frat-boy party phase. However I personally am open to dating younger, same age and older guys. My cutoff for younger though is no younger than 20.

• Probably money and they have daddy issues...

• I think it depends on what you like usually because I have a friend who prefers guys who look older compared to guys who look her age. I, on the other hand, prefer guys who look closer to my age, but as I've gotten older (over the past 3 years) I've started liking guys who look older as well.

I think though, as far as maturity goes, most people, all my life, tell me that I'm very 'mature' for my age (which I don't know if that's a compliment or not) and therefore, older guys tend to be people who I can converse with a lot better and therefore, I begin to like more. Older guys are more mature, more experience, and sometimes, girls like a mature looking guy (not a babyface, facial hair, grown into their body, etc).

• A Taiwanese writer once said, "the most brutal part of growing up is, girls are always more mature than the boys who are of the same age. And no boy can resist the fascination from a girl‘s maturity."

I tend to like guys older than me because I can better feel the sense of security. It is also said that guys like to date younger girls, which makes me afriad that a younger guy is more likely to be lose interest in me...

• Your comments are always so insightful, honest and wise. It's refreshing to read.

• Yes, my sister has been to China. Also my parents have been there more than once. My grandparents have also visited China more than once too. :) I enjoy talking to you. Would you like to speak in private messages?

• Sure! I'd love to~ ^_^

• I love dating older guys. They're mature, funny, confident, charming, good manners, gentlemanly and I legit find older guys sexy. They're also really good in the bedroom. And when I say older I mean I've dated 10-25 years older than me.

• Because they are mature than guys my age. But I wouldn't date someone who's a lot older. For me at least 4 years is enough.

• Mainly the maturity. But that just depends on their personality. My older brother is 32 and is a huge 10 year old and his wife complains he's a huge child (she's 10 years younger than he his)

• money, maturity, experience

• I like older guys but not in the sense that you're thinking. I mean older by 1-5 years max. Anything more than that becomes creepy.

• More mature, at least we hope so.

• Mostly, yeah, they seems more mature. They kind of understand our social problems and such, and they have been through more of the same situations as us. At least, more than those little boys.

• Maturity is the biggest reason.

• Older guys are just attractive to me

• because it is hot and they tend to be more mature. <3

• Because girls believe they're more mature... which they usually are, if only by a little bit.

• I only like 19 yr olds

• They're more mature and generally not fuckboys

• Lol. Don't be so sure. My mother who's remarried now always dates older men. They were idiots. But granted her husband is 15 years older than her. Just a match made.

I wouldn't judge by age!

• @Puppylove94

They're almost always fuckboys. There's almost never an intellectual connection so these men are almost always in it for the young ass.

• Well I'm 13 and there is this 14 year old who I kinda like...
    He's more mature than the other 13s.
    hahahaha

• Older guys are more mature and this is very attractive to me. But I am 21 and would only date to maybe 30. I do however like the guy to be older. My current boyfriend is 25 and I am very happy haha.

• Well I like dating onlder guys because they're more mature, sexy, and have a interest in their job or hobby. And for me that is hot I love it when older men look intelligent 😍

• I like older guys because they are more likely to settle down than 20s years olds dudes

• Well personally i like dating guys older than me because they are more mature than guys my age. and those younger than me, i just feel like they are my little brothers. however i also don't like those too much older than me, that means the maximum i think i would ever settle for would be 7 years older than me (and that is really stretching it). so far its only been 2-4 years older than me.

• because they'll be more mature

• I do not like older guys, most are immature

• Most girls like to date older guys, because for onething, they seem more mature than boys their age, and also many girls think that dating an older guy will help or improve their image.

• Because for most part they seem more mature

• Because guys around my age are usually immature, and that's a problem cause I can be immature for the two of us and that's more than enough.

• Because older guys like them too. And also because they have more money and culture.

What Guys Said 41

• Because they think older means more mature, and in most cases... stable. all girls look for is stability.

• The average age of women I date is 23 (my current girlfriend is 22), and are mostly between 19 and 27.

I almost always ask on the first date, "Why do you like older guys?" The number one reason is: "They don't make me pay [for a date]". They HATE having to pay and a lot of guys their age expect them to. The number two reason is, "They are better in bed." I have heard many complain that guys their age are selfish in bed, are too fast, or don't pay attention to her needs. The third reason is that they value their independence and too many guys their age want to jump into a committed relationship and they simply don't want that at that point in their lives.

• Generally they're richer.
    Generally they're more mature.
    Generally they're more experienced.

Its probably mostly attraction to their social status.

• Because older guys have more money, which means "more interesting dates" and "more interesting conversations".

• "more interesting dates"
      Ha, ha.. Well, I have told one young college girl I was dating, "I have to go to London next month, do you want to go?" It was a rhetorical question.

• I'm of the opinion that a it comes close to "abuse" when an 18 year old girl dates a 21 or 24 year old guy for instance, even 3 years of age difference present a significant difference in regard to mental development.

The younger girl projects her wishes and desires onto the older guy and hopes that he, just because he is older, will do "everything correctly", and will therefore expect the relationship to be "perfect".

But that's all a generalization, there are exceptions for sure.

• If they are both consenting adults then it is not abuse. It may be creepy/weird to some people but in no way is it abuse.

• Because they like the security. And what they can provide. Security comes in many ways. They also like maturity, since most of them are not mature themselves, they seek a mature figure to console them, and give them the affection they lack.

• It's mostly a novelty thing, and because society has lied to younger women and said they mature faster and can roll with older guys. Most older guys actually know the girls aren't that mature, but like that because they can take a kind of advantage or initiative in being the dominant man who can teach her things, be like a father/husband figure.

• I think it is mostly because they want someone who they feel would be more interested in settling down/starting a long term serious relationship and starting a family together.

• Wealthier, have had more sexual experience, and are more likely to want to settle down and commit.

• They're more mature then guys there age and have money

• Younger women love older men because they have a greater respect for women, are more mature and usually have their own places and usually have extra $$$ to spend on dates.

• Because we are men, rather than boys claiming to be 'men'

• More maturity and money? I doubt it's the wrinkles, the more of those I get they more they run from me.

• And probably because theyre more attracted to older guys. I get younger girls checking me out WAAAYY more than girls my age checking me out and I seldom get older girls checking me out.

• 0|0
  • It's always the same thing, girls like to date older guys and when we are at the "good age" and want to date young girls they blame us.

• I'm 30 does that make me an old man?

• no it's just girls look for sex earlier in life so they change a ton of things and act a certain way guys look for sex later in life there to busy having fun lol

• Some younger girls are smarter than others. Some know when it comes to millionaires, thier not ever going to have this with a guy around her age , so they are confronted from these guys and generally except , knowing thier future could be so much better.

• they want to have a mature one

• Money, Experience, Status, etc
    The same old obvious reasons girls choose to date anyone

• we dont play head games (Well most of us) and more knowledgeable and stable.

• maturity, safety, etc

• the two M's maturity.. and money.. some also have various issues pertaining to the father variety.. which i dont mind but its all about money dude..

• Money.

• lol at all the "he's more mature" hahahaahhahha yeah more mature in the fact that he will hold down a decent job, you are a prostitute if it is subconsciously or aware.

• We're better looking. Smarter. Stronger. Can't blame them

• This is exactly what's wrong with the world! Us younger but serious ones have no chance...

• Not sure why. This girl who's 23 I know told me she dates guys around my age.

• Not sure and it's not my business

• More from Guys
    11