Should I move on or take his word for it?

I started seeing this guy a couple of months ago. Things were going great and I really liked him and then suddenly one day he stopped reaching out. I understood that he has a sick parent that he takes care of, so I gave him space, but now he only responds when I reach out to him. Lately he will say I'll text you tomorrow or in the morning and then he doesn't text at all. I called him out on it yesterday, and he apologized and said I was a great girl and he wanted to talk and he was going to do better. Then he said he would text me this morning but he never did. I don't know if he is playing a game or what his deal is but it's starting to feel like he's doing this deliberately.

What Guys Said 3

• If you must "fight" with a guy to get some attention, how much of a prize is it to win? Is this the best you hope for? When people are "courting," they are on their best behavior. If you settle down with them, and they are a good catch, they will maintain whatever level of energy and interest they gave you during the courtship. If they are a bad catch, they will stop putting forth the effort. In other words. . . this is as good as it will get with this guy. Do you want to settle for this for the rest of your life?

• You said he has a parent that's sick, he's probably helping his parent out. Put your self in his Shoes, give him time and space, he's going through a tough time in his life and you're over here giving him a hard time about not texting. He must really like you if he hasn't told you to buzz off yet.

• There's a reason he's not contacting you, and it's not from spite. One possibility is that he's having a lot of feelings that he's not ready to share with you. He's pretty young to be caring for a sick parent, and maybe just doesn't want to deal with the obvious question "How are you?"

What Girls Said 1

• He is clearly focused on other things more important to him at this time, recognize that and give him the space he needs. Don't chase him up just to feel bad about his lack of interest, just move on with dignity and grace.