Should I just ask him if he is still interested?

So I met this guy online, and have been chatting since (about 2 weeks). We have heaps in common, and have been having a good laugh together. He straight away asked me to go for a drink with him. Arranged for the Sunday afternoon. He cancelled this date claiming he had a meeting with someone from work and re-arranged for Tuesday. Ever since this, he has been really distant and not initiating conversation. Then, on Monday night, he cancelled Tuesday'a date as he needs to work due to a colleague being unwell. I told him not to worry about it which he hasn't replied to. Should I take it that he isn't interested in me anymore? I just don't understand how someone can change their mind so quickly?

What Guys Said 2

• He is not interested. He probably was not that interested from the beginning. Please don't meet people online.

• Don't ask him. If he's interested he will make the first move. And the second. And the third.

And after he cancelled the date twice, he better make up for it if he wants to be with you.

Don't chase after men, please don't.

What Girls Said 1

• He's probably talking to other chicks as well or he is starting to lose interest. Sure you can try, but I do not promise you anything.