Should you date a guy if you already now that he is not looking for long term relationship?

I am dating a guy since 2 months and when he realised that I'm falling in love with him and getting too romantic. He told me that he wants me to bring to reality that he isn't looking for long term relationship and I should know that our relationship has an expiry date. So, I should control my feelings.

And later when I questioned him, " what made him say that to me, is he afraid that I propose him?" . And he replied no, he was just checking if we are on same page.
Should I still date this guy and let myself fall for him?
i really love him but I'm too confused after that day?

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean, go ahead and date him, if you really like him! But he's already said that he's not planning to date for too long, so you most likely won't get much out of dating him. It's completely up to you if you want to date him or not. Personally, I wouldn't given this situation, because it's just really suck knowing that he's planning on breaking up with me as soon as we start dating. In the end, there's not really talk much to gain from it. He probably wouldn't have true feelings and probably wouldn't be too affectionate. I'd just pull away early before I went completely head over heels for him... It's hard to say... Because I would still really like him and would want to date him, naturally... Well, I guess I've had a situation like this actually, and with the guy I'm thinking of, yeah, I'd date him in the blink of an eye if he wanted to... Even if I know that he'd break up later. I would just try not to get too attached since you know that he's not planning on sticking around... It's all up to you though, it seems like he's left you with those options. I hope this was helpful 🤗

• 6d

Thanks 😊

• 6d

Thanks a lot 😊

• 6d

I'm really happy to help! ☺️

What Guys Said 6

• It's obvious he's only with you till he gets tired of you and you wonder if you should stay? Wtf is wrong with you? You both want different things so you're not compatible and never will be. All you're doing is wasting time in a dead end relationship that'll go nowhere

• 7d

That's confusing, every time we meet he tells me how much he likes me, and still after telling that he don't want long term.
      He told me that he wants to continue dating me and that he likes me a lot.

• 7d

Thanks

• 7d

Sorry but all you are to him is free pussy with no commitment

• if you want something more serious than he wants then no you shouldn't continue dating him

• Not if it's what you want. Believe what he's saying. Don't think he'll change his mind or that you can change it. Yes it is possible but unlikely so unless you want to be hurt, protect yourself. Sounds like you might be hurt already though?

• 6d

Yes, I am too hurt but I badly want to be with him, I like this guy a lot... but even though my expiration date is fixed... I met him twice after that talk and tried to be as we used to be but deep inside I feel weird now...
      At the same time, also don't want to put it full stop at the moment because Without him I would be very sad

• nope

• He can always change his mind!

• Tryin to skip ads

What Girls Said 14

• TBH if he's not looking for a relationship, and you are looking for one, it's not going to work out. You are only going to end up breaking your own heart by letting yourself fall for him.

Chances are he's not going to wake up one day and realize how amazing you are. Most likely what will happen is you will get attached and he will start to feel suffocated because he doesn't want a relationship.

• In all honesty, you should end it. You're just going to end up heart broken.

There's nothing to be confused about, he's made it very clear that he doesn't want a long term relationship, and will break up with you (so weird though imo)

Anyway, the decision lies in you hands. Do you want to be hurt later AND go through the entire heart ache etc or do you want to hurt now and leave him.

Either way you're going to end up hurt, but you will hurt more later. And quite honestly I think you can do better.

Why are you even with someone like that? Don't you want someone to love you for you and not with a damn expiry date? Is that really all the value you place upon yourself to be someone's temporary choice of toy?

• No way. Hell no. Expiry date? Are you food or what? That's distespecting and he's not worth your date. Get rid of him before it's too late.

• Well he put it to u simple. Do u want to be with him for long term or date for fun. The long term will mean months or years of commitment, the other is just fun, dates, laugh and giggles with no really attachment to make the relationship develop. So do u want to stay with him and date for fun or u want a long term and leave him?

• 6d

I was okay with date, and was not going to propose him or something but since now he made it clear. I feel weird to meet him but I am afraid to be without him, since I like him a lot , love to be with him
      Damn, I'm very upset, don't know what to do

• 6d

Hey thanks a lot!
      Your advice sounds too good
      Actually, I was falling head over heels in love with him but he realised it and told that he don't want long term at the moment and as he thinks I am falling for him, so he made it clear to me

I feel weird to be with him , but I feel too sad to let my love go and put it to stop

But you sound good, I should first love myself and be strong enough to walk out of it

• 6d

Glad it helped :) whatever u decide is still good choices

• no that could hurt

• You're in lust, not love. You can't love someone who tells you that you have an expiration date. He basically told you that you have no more value than a gallon of milk. You should be done with him. I'm not even sure why you're posting this question.

• 6d

I was in love with him, and probably he realised it and so may be got afraid
      Now I feel weird to date him but at the same time also cannot imagine the life without him, Past two months have been super because of him

• no u shouldn't

• Only if you can live with the fact that he's serious about ending it soon. Do try not to fall for him too much. Look around at others too.

• 6d

Yes, it's very weird but my expiration date as fixed by him is in July 😪
      Still 7 months to go

• 6d

Sounds like it might be a better idea for you to stop with it. Might hurt less in the end.

• 6d

Okay thanks

• Yes and i don't really worry because i myself make an estimation of time to call it quits

He probably just need you as a company

• Don't get too wrapped up into it you'll be emotional when it comes to an end. Don't think you can change his mind either he has his agenda and isn't looking for a long term relationship. Control your feelings and just know that it isn't long term you have to wire that into you so you save yourself from being hurt in the long run

• no ı wouldn't

• Sounds like he's trying to prevent any future confusion.

• 6d

Yes that's what he told me when I argued with him that why he spoke like that to me

• 6d

If a guy said that to me, there's no way I'd let myself fall for him. And when he changed his mind about wanting a long term relationship with me, I'd say your loss, should've thought about that before you said anything. BYE!

• 6d

Ok thanks

• Lol no but I def have before which now makes me realize it's not a good idea.

• No, I wouldn't do that if

• 7d

*if a guy told me that, I'd think that we are incompatible and I'd break up with him. If I stayed it would feel like a complete waste of my time.

• 6d

Yes I feel the same, but I cannot imagine life without him 😌