Would you try to date someone that other people set you up with?

Well, since I started working, I've been considered almost like the child of the work place. I'm the youngest, as well as the smallest person who works there. So a lot of the older people try to look out for me, and it's become a thing that apparently I'm just very soft spoken and sweet and shy. I'm working on the shyness though, now I sometimes even make eye contact with customers! It's also said I'm one of the most "smiley" people who work there.

There is now this new guy whose been here about two months. Like me, he's considered to be sweet and smiley, but he's a lot more out going than I am, much chattier, and very friendly. And he started talking to me right away, he came and sat right with me on his very first day even! And we've become pretty close I think. Like we always take our breaks together when we can. And well, recently people have been insisting that he likes me. My boss even pointed out one night that when he was walking away he turned back to look at me. And I did meet his mother as well, she came through my lane one day and she was very nice. Then he met my mom later on that same night because she came into the store to get a return done. (My mother loves him now, just as everyone else does), and everyone is just always talking about what a perfect couple we'd make. And I do like him very much, but I've never really dated before, and I'm just not sure if I like him, or if I'm just thinking about him because everyone has gone and put the idea in my head, and in any case, if I should give it a chance or not?

Would you gagers try it out if other people suggested you and someone date?

• I'd give it a shot, what's the worst that can happen?
  • I wouldn't. Too high a risk.
  • I have another opinion (which I ask you to explain your thoughts in the opinions?)
    Vote C
  • I just want to see the results
    Vote D

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 9

• I'd say he sounds like a good guy and you sound like a good girl, with that being said, I know you are kind of reluctant to pursue this relationship because everyone wants you to pursue it, there's no naughtiness in the act, there's a lack of excitement in getting with him. There's a reason why girls often go for the guy that their parents don't want them to get with and that's because the guy has a rebel quality about him. I think if you weren't so pushed into him, and have had to keep him a secret from your parents bc (what ever reason) there would be a little more excitement in pursing this relationship. I'd say give this guy a try and see where it goes, you never know, he might be really exciting and be the perfect guy for you, don't pass up a chance just because you have others. I can tell you're pretty bc you're weighing your option of not going into this relationship. Am I right?

• 3d

Well he does SEEM very exciting, he's always got a story or something to talk about. SO I don't think I'd mind dating him, so perhaps I will try. If he asks anyway. Though from what everyone says it shouldn't be far off. And as for whether or not I'm pretty, I suppose that would be a matter of opinion? I'd say I'm pretty average though. Like I don't think I'm ugly, but I'm not jaw-droppingly gorgeous either.

• 3d

Urm, I can't ask. I'm not that person unfortunately, and I mean, I know people say "Just ask" But I'm sure you've heard it's just not that easy :/

• 3d

I've asked, it's not that hard, the hard part is all in your head. You can easily ask without asking. Just bring something up that you're interested in, like, you would like to try a certain food and ask him if he has ever tried it. And if he say yes, say "I would really like to try it someday" and if he says no, then say "we should try it together sometime". In both situations, you're not asking him, (so he can't say no) but you're pretty much letting him know that you are interested, without asking him.

• Only if it was a completely blind thing and even then I would decide within 30 seconds of meeting if I could date her.

If it was a mutual friend, then I wouldn't, because if she hadn't caught my eye already she probably never will.

• Sure I would as long as I'm attracted to her

• Well i guess i'd give it a shot. I mean, my friends know me and what i'm about. But that's because i'm a guy who won't waste an opportunity.

• I wish someone would set me up but my friends and family either a) don't know anyone or b) would rather preach than do that for me

• If he seems nice, go ahead on a date with him. You both might hit it off really well, or you may just end up talking and having a pleasant time. At least, if you go out on a date, you can say you did it!

• I would have to, I'm single and have no idea how to mingle

• Voted A. I would give it a shot

• Never ever date a co worker!

• 3d

People say that, but I'm a college student working in a grocery store. He's a college student working in a grocery store.

• 3d

They work in a grocery store, don't be so dramatic.

• 3d

@JohnDoe3000

Right? If it were like my "career" or some office desk job or something, then it'd be a fairly bad idea, but for now if we lose our crappy jobs, then we'll just find other crappy jobs. And in any case there are A LOT of couples at my store, and there's nothing in the rules against it. I think they've realized that if they put a bunch of young people together, it's kind of inevitable

What Girls Said 1

• I met my husband this way so yeah give it a shot. Just enjoy your time rather than thinking where this is going