Is dating worth It, taking time and putting energy into something that could end in the other person just flaking and stopping all communication?

I just feel what exactly is the point in dating, to do stuff together? You could do that with friends, for sex? Nowadays you can have sex right away with the current hookup culture, what is the point of dating?

Most Helpful Guy

• Starting out as fwbs and then filtering from there to decide who you want to commit to is arguably a better strategy for men compared to the traditional dating approach.

What Girls Said 2

• If you really like the person and see potential and willing to invest in them for a long term relationship, that's the point of dating.
    So dating is definitely worth it. Many guys has stopped talking to me because I won't have sex and I still gave other guys a chance because I know every guy is different. So before I met my boyfriend, I will talk to a guy and if I see something in him that I like ( personality wise ) I will give it a try.

• The point of dating is to get to know the other person before having any sex. It's different stages when they're just hookups and also depends on what you're looking for.

• 5d

But why would you want to get to know the other person what is the point of that,

• 5d

Are you single

• 5d

Nope I'm married

What Guys Said 1

• If you want someone to spend the rest of her life with you than I suggesting start dating. You don't want to live alone or feel alone one day, do you?

• 5d

Idc to be honest, with technology I could be playing online with other people halfway across the globe etc, and if it gets to the point where I'm old and pooping myself, I'm pretty sure being alone isn't going to be what's on my mind.