How do you know if something should be a deal breaker?

I mean everyone has good and bad qualities I am just having such a hard time...
I have been dating this guy for four months now and I just can't figure him out... A part of me REALLY likes him and he has so many good qualities that no other guy I have met has. Yet he also has a few that are huge deal breakers.
Despite this I can't stop thinking about him and wonder whether it would be wasting both of our time if I continued on with this? I can't let him go but I can't see those characteristics he has keeping me around either.
What should I do?

• Dump him
  • Date him

Most Helpful Guy

• If his good qualities out weigh the bad and dealbteakers then I feel you should date him if you like him. Nobody is perfect we all have flaws. It depends on how much the flaws bother you.

• 8d

Thank you very much for selecting my answer as the most helpful opinion.

What Guys Said 2

• Run. Don't walk. Run.

Deal breakers are just that; deal breakers. Even if he's a saint 99% of the time, but there's just that one little deal breaker, it's one too many.

There's another issue in your question that you didn't ask, but it jumps out to me. "I can't let him go..." that is unhealthy in even the best of relationships. You need to be happy with you on your own, and you choose a partner because they enhance your happiness. As soon as you 'need' a person to be happy, they will always disappoint you.

• Are the good qualities more than the bad ones at least by 70%? If yes then go for it.

What Girls Said 1

• Stand with your morals, values and ur intuition. If something tells u, "deal breaker" then don't be with him, cuz it will only hurt u once those deal breakers turn into more and more arguments.