Is it acceptable to be platonic friends with an ex-lover, when dating someone?

It's weird right? I'm not friends with my longterm ex as he turned out to be a cheat, but when I've had short-term casual boyfriends and we end things amicably, we've ended up being great friends. I wouldn't be interested in them romantically as I know they're not right for me, so we end up being good friends. Two of my closest friends I used to date; they've got girlfriends and such and I still see them for catch ups.

32

Most Helpful Guy

• haha it depends which side of it im on.. If im the friend? ya sure no problem but... if i was the boyfriend no fucking way lol.. at least if he's seen my girl naked and fucked her then its a no go

Most Helpful Girl

• Eww no lol I don't think you should ever be friends with an ex unless you have children together then you should ofc try your best to put your feelings aside for the sake of your kids.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• It's completely acceptable as long as there's no romantic feelings lingering.

• It's pretty awkward.