Opinions on being the one as a girl to initiate conversation in the beginning of dating?

I like it when guys pursue me and are ones to always message first because it reveals to me that they are interested. When I text first I would not know for sure how they feel. However, I am seeing this guy now who has sometimes asked me to text him after a phone convo or even after a date. He still so far has texted me first regardless, but those times when he asked me to it took a while for him to text me. I'm thinking he was waiting for me to text him possibly. He seems extremely into me, but the other day we had a pretty serious conversation about our past relationships and I feel a little insecure as to how things went. He did kiss me goodbye, but I feel nervous if he is still as into me as he was because he hasn't texted me all day. I feel like the only reason for me to text him is for reassurance that he is still interested in me and I would see how he reacts to the message. I do get the feeling though that he is insecure as to if I like him, but isn't that how dating always works for guys. Shouldn't he continue to be the one with the anxiety and reach out to me to make sure I'm into him still. Its still so early on in the relationship. What is your opinion on this?

11d Okay I decided to text him. I'm so fed up with playing games and I want to be real. I think this will help him alleviate his insecurity about me not liking him and will help me hopefully become a more confident person and not earn my confidence based on how a guy feels about me.

What Guys Said 3

• You sound VERY INSECURE!!!

Insecurity isn't sexy.

• Guys love when you message first. It shows interest and it takes a lot of the stress we get when we have to text first away

• So my thing is women get more attention in general: especially online dating. I never message first cause chances are iys lost in a SEA of messages. If you're interested you message first

What Girls Said 2

• just be urself dont hold

• i think you should text him!