Why do some successful women date unemployed men and let them live off them?

5d y'all keep saying "the same reason men do it" Well WHAT IS THE REASON? Don't just half answer a question geeze

What Guys Said 24

• The same reason why many successful men date umemployed, lazy ass women. Although this is much more common because a lot of women believe they are special snowflakes who need to be 'taken care of'.

• they said i was cuddly

• Are those men taking care of the home or are they just purely leeching off the woman? If they're raising kids and taking care of their home life than I have no issue with that. If he's just taking advantage of her then perhaps she feels she can't do better. It could be a self-esteem issue.

• 5d

If he was just a stay at home husband/boyfriend that would be one thing. But I'm talking about a pure leech.

• 5d

Ah okay thanks for clearing that up. It could just be a confidence or self-esteem problem then in my opinion. It could be a fear of being alone. I've noticed a lot of people crave companionship to the point that they will make compromises that aren't always in their best interest. It's one of the reasons I believe that people need to first be comfortable with themselves before seeking out any kind of relationship.

• What's wrong with stay-at-home men? Some men just wanna stay at home and do nothing all day, like stay-at-home women. If women like that type of men, then they can date them.

• I dunno.. maybe they work long hours and just want someone to be home when they are and money just isn't an issue for them? For the same reasons guys do the same thing?

• Because they physically and emotionally want to be kept on a leash.. This is way better than women that date dudes in jail at the very least lol

• This question can be reversed and asked as well if we want to talk about equality. However, I do agree that people should choose partners with some stable career

• thats called love

• Because living in couple is that, being there for the other.
    Woman helps man.
    Man helps woman.
    Respect, love, happiness, fullfilment. Bla bla bla.

• 5d

They do it because they are waiting for him to start doing something, or they have that hope.
      it happens when we like the person for some reason, even if it's just because good sex.

• Because the income of their partner isn't their primary concern?

• same reason successful men have house wives you jackass lol

• Same reason why some successful men date unemployed women and let them live off them.

• Oh, I don't know, maybe because they *actually love them*?

• They enjoy wearing the pants

• That very rarely happens, normally the other way around.

• 5d

Lol no... I know sooo many women who are taking care of men. I don't know that many stay at home wives though.

• 5d

"I don't know that many stay at home wives though." I Guarantee that there are at least 20 times more stay at home wives than there are stay at home husbands. I couldn't be bothered to look at the stats but almost everybody knows house wives are common while house husbands (which isn't even a real phrase, it's colloquial at best and for a reason) are rare.

• 5d

Maybe they aren't like those prostitutes that want a man to have a good job before they date him.

• Why does it bother you what other women do with their boyfriends?

• Cuz those dudes got enough game to have her overlook his job situation!!

• Because they can date a less financially stable guy since money isn't a problem and they like them

• Men take care of the home while the woman brings home the bacon?

• just for time pass.

• I'd feel sooo weird if I lived off a woman. The man's gotta be the provider and take care of his woman.

• Desperatiom

• 5d

*desperation

• Because the men have no pride.

• Because of conservatism. Conservatives is basically a mental illness. They like to dwell on the past

What Girls Said 7

• I strongly suspect it's a misguided need to "look after" someone... for most women that would be a child, but if the guy needs "taking care of" it can trigger the same emotional response in women as maternal instinct!

• to feel needed, and important. maybe they want children but can't have them bc they are married to work and dont have the time for them.

• The same reason men will date unemployed women and let them live off of them.

• 5d

Update:

Because they care for the person, not the status.
      They enjoy being the bread winner.
      The other person is ridiculously hot so they dngaf.

• It's the same reason guys do it. They probably think they can't do better than that, so they settle for a gold digger rather than be single. Most guys do that with lazy pretty woman. They think they won't find a beautiful woman who would like them without doing all that. The women who do that are the same. It's a self-esteem issue.

• thats life

• I think it's either because they don't value themselves OR they're too blinded by love to see that they can do better.

That or some women just like being in the dominant role that much.

• Some women keep men around for protection.