Is it weird for the girl to be taller in a relationship?

There's this guy I really like, who is going to ask me out soon according to my friend who has been talking to him. He's really funny, sweet and cute but he's 5'7 and I'm 5'10. Usually I go for taller guys but I'm willing to make an exception because I really like him. But I don't know if our height difference is going to make things weird or not. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Height does not make a difference to me, but you might need to avoid cha cha boots/heels that would accentuate the difference even more.

Most Helpful Girl

• No it's not weird. People don't choose their heights or control their love for someone.

What Guys Said 48

• My very first girlfriend was 6'10 and I'm 5'8
    The only limitation was high heels. She rarely wore them because she was taller then me. But we loved each other with all our hearts. I'm sure that this kind of love will happen never again in my life.

• It's just uncommon, it's only weird if you choose to make it weird.

• You like the guy and it sounds like he likes you. Your heights shouldn't matter. It doesn't have to be weird.

• He doesn't care. If you don't, then don't worry about it. If it's "weird", then that's because you are giving value to what other people think. You don't get married to other people. Other people don't take care of you if you are sick. Other people don't love you like a husband does. Do yourself a favor and stop caring what other people think; this is your life, not theirs.

• I prefer shorties, but if it's right, fuck it. My very first girlfriend was taller than me, but then she was 13 and I was only 12. What a cougar she was...

• it's only weird to the people who care. if you don't care then it's not weird.

• I know many guys that dont feel alright if their girl is taller and they re seen together outside. Some even force their girls to wear flat shoes. However I dont find it weird. In fact I really like when my girl s wearing high hills even though she seems a bit taller than me. I find it sexy.

• The only people who can make things weird are you and him. If you are happy together then you will soon forget about it.

• Since you're tall it's not that weird.

It would look odd if a 5'1 girl dates someone 4'11 or something.

• Depends on the two of you. Personaly i'm also about 5'7, and all my dates were around that height. I never asked them because i didn't care, and they didn't ask me because, i suppose they didn't care either.

It's strange only if you make it strange. Besides, who cares what others think anyway? As long as you two are ok with it, it's fine.

• It is unusual but not weird. Relationships like that can easily work out.

• It's statistically unlikely but it's okay if the girl and guy are okay with it of course.

• I would say so I wouldn't like it

• Nah. Height doesn't really determine love. If height will end a relationship then in my opinion it's not a true relationship lmao

• yeah ıt looks weird

• Free your mind and pay attention to what you think, not what others tell you to think. Then your whole entire world will open up!

• 7d

I agree its all up to the two people in a relationship what they let bug them.

• Depends on if one makes it a big deal.

A girl I met off tinder 2 weeks ago was actually an inch taller than me and I'm 6'1. She was really cute and has a nice body but I'll admit it was a little awkward having to look up to her to kiss her.

• Not really , to me height is irrelevant.
    I'm 6'1 and if I liked a woman that was taller than me it wouldn't bother me

• I wouldn't have a problem with it... as long as I love her :D

• I don't see it as weird.

• Not a relationship but there was a very tall chick who liked me. She was about 6.5 and I am 6.0 it isn't weird but I don't like tall chicks so I didn't want to get her.

If he's okey with it he will ask u out anyway.

• I guess I can see why people think it can be weird. Usually the man is taller from what I've seen.

• It's only weird if you're under 17

• Yeah, my brother dated a taller girl when they were young and they looked weird but doesn't matter anyway, the older they got my brother got taller.

• Nah, go for it... It will only really matter when you're wearing heels

• No, it's 2016, this isn't the 60's

• Height doesn't matter. Personally, I prefer girls that are or my height or shorter. But I wouldn't mind at all if a girl I like is slightly taller.

• No if you're cool with it who cares. It's just societal norms

• It is weird and its wrong but that might make it even better for you. On the other hand history tells us that short guys are usually evil

• It's uncommon but it's only weird if you make it weird.

• More from Guys
    18

What Girls Said 22

• if you don't mind being even more taller than him in high heels, it's fine. JK lmao if you really like him and he really likes you why should it matter if it will be weird or not? plus 3 inches taller than him isn't even a huge height difference

• I'm 6 feet even and it's a real challenge for me to find a tall guy. If he's an inch or so shorter then me I guess I can handle that. But I'm really strong on being with a tall guy. However it depends on you. If he feels awkward and you feel awkward you'll likely get over it if you like each other enough👌

• It's not. My boyfriend is 5'7 (like me) and he has been in relationships/dated taller girls in the past with no problems.

• I wouldn't date a guy who is shorter than me, but I am very short so... it's not hard. But when I see a couple where the guy is shorter I don't think it's weird. You get to date whomever you want.

• Im 5"9, and I wouldn't date anyone shorter than me. It would make me feel weird. and masculine.

• if he's seen you and he's goingto ask you out then it doesn't sound like a problem from his end.

• Idu what's weird about that. If you like him, who cares how tall he is?

• yeah it looks weird

• It's not weird, especially since you're rather tall. If a girl is like 5'2, I understand if she wants guys to be taller, but if you have the same demand at 5'10, you'll greatly reduce your dating pool.

• Not weird, just not common

• I've never dated someone shorter than me, all guys that I've dated were taller than me and the guy that I'm talking to is basically my height, maybe an inch taller.

• Im taller than my fiance..
    It isn't weird

• I personally won't date any guy shorter than me because I don't think I will like a guy shorter than me. However, you really like the guy. That's what really matters. Your exception is worth your try!~

• It would be weird for me. But if you really like him just go with it.

• It's more normal than you think :)

• Not weird at all. I dated a guy that was 5 inches shorter than me in high school. No one ever made any comment on it. Love isn't about how well the 2 of you look together.

• I think it has a lot to do with the two people, but in my opinion, absolutely not. I tend to like it when the guy is taller as well, but the way I see it, if you both love each other, the height difference shouldn't matter.

Hope I helped you :)

• yes although i don't have that problem because i normally go for tall guys and i am short im 5'0"

• I think it is weird...

• It's not weird. Currently seeing a man who is 3 inches shorter than me. He's got a great sense of humor, sweet, silly, and incredible all around.

Not a big deal.

• It doesn't matter

• i think if you like each other then it shouldn`t matter !