Why do people get married if they're going to have girlfriends or multiple wives?

The only benefit to marriage in that situation is financial. Why get married when you're not even committing yourself solely to that person?

Most Helpful Guy

• You've got me.

Never underestimate people's stupidity, ignorance, or their ability to live in denial of reality - because you'll find people who constantly exceed your expectations in all three areas!

What Guys Said 1

• Why not tho

• 3d

Because in marriage the idea is to commit to one person. To share your life with only one person. Why don't they just not get married if they want to fool around

• 3d

Marriage doesn't really mean commitment to me. It means lower taxes, shared health insurance, a hand to hold at death a team to fight the world. Dont feel like that has to extend to the bedroom

• 3d

To each their own. I see why you think that! Just make sure any person you date has the same ideals as you in that respect, because a lot of people think marriage is commitment sex wise and love wise.

What Girls Said 1

• They do it for the sex.