Why do some couples fall out of love after getting married?

1313

Most Helpful Guy

• That is exactly the problem with emotions and feelings. Emotions, feelings are very strange, very weird, they are likely to change anytime.

You will never know when someone will fall out of love with the other, it can happen even if things are good in a relationship.

Love is also an emotion, so it's possible for someone to fall out of love anytime during the relationship/marriage. It's hard to say what exactly can be the reasons, there can be a few:

1. It's possible that they made a mistake in understanding the compatibility level of the other person with reference to them, they misjudged the compatibility level. The person they knew before marriage turned out to be a totally different one after marriage.

2. It's possible that after marriage the flaws of the other person becomes clearly visible and those may not be the flaws that can be accepted or ignored altogether, it can be a major flaw that highlights the character of that person. It's possible that because of this couples can fall out of love with the other.

3. There is no element of surprise or curiosity anymore. Means before they got married they lived in their respective homes, with their parents so there was the curiosity to talk, to know things, to meet and go out together but now after marriage, they are now living in the same house so they are now used to one another, and they used to each other's routines/ schedules so the surprise factor, curiosity factor is no longer there and that could be a reason they are falling out of love.

Most Helpful Girl

• my parents have been together 33 years. my mom always says something like "it's not the love that holds the commitment, but the commitment that holds the love". I don't know if they're in mushy romantic love anymore but they're like best friends watching tv together and stuff, it's cute. My mom says she's never seen divorce as an option and they just work through everything. i want to have a marraige like that where we grow old together and be each other's best friend. Maybe some people don't want that. Or maybe people only commit as long as the romantic feelings last.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 12

• In too many eyes, marriage is the end of the chase. No need to pursue, no need to impress, no need to improve. I've heard too many people - both genders - say something like, 'Why do I need to date/impress/whatever? We're married now. I din't need to do that stuff anymore.'

• Because they only dated for a few months then got married for the wrong or clouded reasons.

• I think it's often because they loose themselves trying to be everything for everyone else. Also people forget to make time for each other and don't prioritize the relationship like they once did. And they stop having sex. Sex is the glue that bonds the emotional and physical commitment to each other.

• Maybe they didn't love each other as much as they thought before marriage, or got married for the wrong reasons. People often mistake lust for love, which is what I feel les/gay feelings are... (I respect les/gay people just as much as everyone else. I simply disagree.)

• Sorry that I speak this clear, but I feel that in this very particular situation I would be doing more good to you by telling straightforward what I think than by making it pleasant.

What I feel is this: I feel that most gays will have purer love that what you will ever do, if you continue deluding yourself like that.

You are speaking about how to drive a car, without having driven a bike in your hole life.

• 1) I know all of this about you just because I have spend this day in this site, and your comments called my attention specially.

2) People are biologically wired to tell plenty of details about other people, because their survival depends on it. If you see a person in the jungle you have to decide in matter of seconds if they are friends, or if they will smash your head.

cdn20.patch.com/.../coria-1473019728-3200.jpg

3) I know I have dealt with those emotions because the quantity of women I attract and liked to stay with me.

4) There's nothing extraordinary in knowing what your thoughts are, because you verbalised them.

5) Your heart is already alone. And the soon you'll accept it, the soon you'll fix it.

plus.google.com/.../4jbunU2SiUE

• @es20490446e None of those answer my questions, and some just don't make sense.

• The same as when people start disliking their passion as soon as it becomes their job. They no longer do it because they choose they want to, but to live a life of conformity.

If I didn't love been with someone I would just quit it, married or not. Paradoxically that sense of freedom increases the desire of staying doing the same.

• Many reasons. Mostly because they just didn't know each other or themselves well enough before getting married. Don't ever marry someone thinking that marriage will make them more mature and responsible. It won't.

• The love's not strong enough and they become bored with each other or big problems arise

• Why would a piece of paper make people immune to falling out of love? It happens to unmarried people in long term relationships as well.

• "Why do some couples fall out of love after getting married?"

Why are people happy to give to charity but resent paying taxes?

• ı dont know

• Rick Sanchez said "what you call love is a chemical reaction that compels people to breed. It hits hard then slowly fades out, leaving you stranded in a failing marriage".

• Because marriage changes people.

What Girls Said 12

• Many couples, especially those who marry young, have their idealistic ideas of what they expect marriage to be like, can't handle what it's really like. They can't handle that after they say their 'I do''s, they'll be with their s/o more often than not. That they're going to have to now share finances (tracking both individuals' incomes, and making sure spending on food, bills, clothing, etc., stays within the limits), be open about the not so picture-perfect parts of each other like digestive issues that may come once a month for the girl, or needs to jack off for the guy, etc..

Those are mostly surface-level ones but.. marriage is the real deal. I think many people don't realize that, once married, that's it. They won't get a time-out from their partner's annoying habits when they go home at the end of the day. Home is with their partner now.

• Because they stop trying. They realize that everything is officially "forever", and that their partner can't just heedlessly leave, so they get comfortable and give up essentially.

• Probably married during the "honeymoon" stage where u see ur s/o as perfect. Or because they realized that they wanted different things in life.

• I figure that they expected love to be the constant feeling of falling in love rather than going through the ups and downs of life with a person you have committed yourself to and couldn't with stand the first obstacle they encountered. Either that or needs were not being fulfilled.

• i've seen it a few times.. i guess that some people unfortunately think that one married they can take their SO for granted because they know they're married and they 'belong" to each other
    smh

• I think because marriage is usually the epitome of excitement in a relationship. After that, there's just living together and maybe kids, which are very stressful. I think too many people think marriage is a like a fairytale and is exactly like dating when it isn't at all.

• Because after marriage, these couples start to become lazy, take each other for granted and stop doing the beautiful things that they do for each other during their courtship. All these beautiful things fall under the 5 love languages:
    1) physical touch
    2) words of affirmation
    3) gifts
    4) acts of service
    5) spending quality time

They forget that relationships are like plants. When they don't get constant air, water and nutrients, they wither and die.

• Because a lot of couples think that marriage is the end and signifies that they reached their goal, therefore they no longer feel they have to try

• It fizzles, people grow apart, it plateaus... I'm not really sure.

• because love is not permenant

• Maybe the excitement ends.
    And they get lazy, I don't know

• They find themselves at the end , they are not meant for each other.