Does he miss me or just trying to be nice?

My ex-broke up with me about a month ago. He called me a slut and whore but I accepted him and forgave him (ik you probably thinking I'm stupid) . But he apologized in a proper way. But this isn't the reason he broke up. Of course, I'm still very hurt because when he broke up with me and called me names and said he hated my soul. His friends were supporting the idea that I should be dead. I rushed too quickly into another relationship (about 2 weeks after NO IM NOT A SLUT, HOE, OR A WHORE) The only reason I got into another relationship is because i was insecure of the things he told me and I needed someone to pick up my broken pieces. My friend told my ex I was dating somebody and my ex if i was happy. I'm not sure what this means... I thought he was going to call me like a slut or something again. So.. I'm confused is he trying to be nice or just miss me?

What Guys Said 4

• You not a bad person for getting with someone right after a breakup, I'm sure most people don't blame you, but if you keep on doing that after all breakups, then you never deal with the breakup the right way. But on another note, about your ex asking if you're happy. I think he was just being a mature person and really just curious if you're happy with someone else. I'm sure it would bother him if you're happier with the new guy than you were with him. I'm sure he was being nice and he misses you, how much? I wouldn't know, you would know more than anybody else on here. And for him calling you names during your breakup, some people are just horrible at breaking up, he was probably hurt and that's why he called you names, no it's not a good way to need things, but if he care about you, he would've been like "ok, good knowing ya" or something less climatic as that. I'd think that would bother you more, if it seemed like it didn't bother him that you two broke up.

• I think that he was trying to be nice and wanted to see if he could get you back or hurt you if you said that you were not happy. He is most likely jealous now.

• He misses you. But there is no reason to believe that he will not misbehave with you again.

• He's trying to be nice

What Girls Said 1

• Normally when someone does that they're being nice but on occasion that can lead to them missing you