Are Dating "Preferences" Discriminatory?

Watch the video if you don't mind and tell me what you think.

What Girls Said 5

• Oh god I saw that.
    Biggest load of bullshit ever. You can't force sexual attraction. You can't force someone to be attracted to a trans person….

• You date who you want to. No one should have to explain why.

• 5d

babies

• 5d

Who are you calling babies?

• 5d

I'm saying you're right. I wanna date babies and I don't have to explain why. FREEDOME

• hogwash...

• That's dumb. Being discriminatory just means you're using that free will Dean and Sam fought so hard for humanity to maintain, and making judgement calls. Ffs. It just means you're being discerning. Lmao. People have too much time on their hands.

• No they aren't

What Guys Said 19

• Lol that is just so dumb and the message of this video could be boiled down to "You are not allowed to have any preferences.

Let me explain what's so stupid about his points, he is basically saying that your if you're not physically attracted to literally everyone then you are a shallow person and you are objectifying those people. I'm straight, I like pussy and I don't like dick. The reason why I wouldn't date a transwoman is because the moment they took their pants off I'd be disgusted because I simply am not attracted to penises, that doesn't mean that I only see people as their genitals that just means that having a penis is a complete turn off for me because I'm not fucking attracted to them. Like you don't see me going hitting on lesbian girls and then whining about them "objectifying" by judging me based on my sex, that's fucking ridiculous.

And about the fat thing the reason most people don't want to date fat people is because they don't find fat people attractive. So he has no point there either. Have you ever heard of someone who found fat people attractive but didn't want to date them because they were shamed by society? Don't think so.

I feel like his mistake through out this entire video is that he confuses being attracted to someone with being willing to date someone. There are plenty of people who I find attractive but would never date for a wide variety of reasons. When he talks about disabled people I'm sure there are many people who could consider a disabled person attractive but many people wouldn't necessarily date a disabled person just because of the huge boundaries between them. (like possibly not even being able to communicate)

I seriously don't see the point of me trying to force myself to be attracted to someone who I just don't find attractive. He even says that your sexuality is innate and it can't be forced but he still wants people to force themselves to be attracted to trans people, it makes no sense.

• I get what "she" is saying, but I think there's a few things to consider here. First of all, I think it's important to be open that you're trans and not just assume it won't be a big deal in the bedroom. If I were, somehow to think a trans woman was a natural woman, I wouldn't appreciate the dishonesty and would have felt not much trust in the relationship. There are more things to sex than just genitals... like chromosomes, I think the reason we allow people to have sexual reproduction surgery is because we don't have a cure for gender dysphoria, there's no "therapy" that is going to reverse course, allowing trans people to be their preferred sex is the only option available, I'm welcome to differing evidence though as I'm not an expert on this.

If you're attracted to someone who is trans or overweight legitimately and are worried how others will perceive you, I think you should consider who is the person in this relationship, you... and not everyone else. But I don't believe it's discriminatory to have preferences. No one should be "shamed" from dating someone, but no one should be "shamed" into dating someone either. I understand where she's coming from when she talks about social engineering, but If you try to date someone you're not legitimately physically attracted to but like their personality, it probably won't work. This is anecdotal, but I tried dating someone I wasn't physically attracted to but thought she had a great personality... I tried ignoring how her body looked but ultimately I could not feel anything when we tried to have sex or kiss.

• It's not discrimination. You aren't unattracted to a certain group of people just because you don't want to be. Typically, you can't control or decide who you are attracted to, you just are or you aren't.
    We don't really choose our preferences/types, we just figure out what they are.

P. S. Fuck social justice.

• No, unless there's some hate or sense of superiority. Like if you don't date a certain race because you think they're less than you or something like that.
    If you simply aren't attracted to them, then it's not discrimination.

• No. Dating preferences aren't discriminatory. No one has a right to anyone else's genitals.

• No...

They're biological.

• They can call it whatever the fuck they want, I still won't date a trans person.

• it's a transgender complaing about attraction.
    this clearly has personal ties to the topic and feels some type of way so they decided to make a video bitching about it.

• I just got eye-, ear- and brain-cancer.

• Yes but it's supposed to be that way because nature intended it to be that way.

• Nope.

• Emotional attraction doesn't always result in physical attraction. Another butthurt tranny mad cause she still looks like a dude.

• no they are not

• No they're not.

• Preferences by definition are discriminatory, But the really good kind.

• Nope

• Of course not.

• Im attracted to fertility not that.

• Some are, some aren't. I couldn't find myself to be attracted to a male, and I wouldn't consider tat discriminatory, whereas not liking black people would be discriminatory