Girls, Why do women stubbornly feel that a woman should never chase or pursue a man? as in, its the guys job to be the initiator, make the first move?

I don't get it, almost 2017, humanity and society is much more modern than ever before, why do you think it has always been and probably always will be the mans job to make the first move and be the initiator? Why is it masculine, manly, when a guy goes for what he wants or goes after what he wants? Me personally, i never had a hunter instinct inside of me

4h Anymore opinions as well?

16

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 16

• Well... regardless of how 'modern' or progressive society has become, a lot of men still say that they'd feel emasculated if a woman beat them to the punch and took the initiative in asking them out.
    (I asked my boyfriend out though, so- enough with these generalized statements.)

Not all, but some. That would apply to the more traditional bunch. The type who are better known as 'virgin hunters' would probably also believe that, in addition to seeking out the virgins, it's the 'man's job' to ask them out.

• Apparently I didn't get this memo because I have asked out every guy I've dated, and chased all of them (5 guys)

• 4d

I mean I think things are moving in the direction you want (girls being more assertive) it just hasn't happened around you.

• Just to piss you off. :)

• because in my experience most guys get turned off, or see girls as easy, when the girl does the chasing. i don't know why that happens, but it does.

• 1. Most girls are scared of rejection just like a ton of you guys are. It's dumb that people can't just say how they feel but it's true.

2. I see females getting called "too flirty" and "thirsty" by other girls and guys for being the one to approach a guy they like.

3. It's considered masculine because men are "supposed" to be the leaders. They are "supposed" to be the ones who chase. It's been happening for so long now that people are just accustomed to it. It's not how it should be but it's what it is.

4. People love to stereotype. They don't take in to account people's personalities or preferences. HA nope they just lump each gender into a category and expect them to fit the guidelines. Then when someone tries to "break the rules" some people get upset, so many just feel it's best to behave according to the social standard for their gender.

And... this got really long in a short amount of time

• I don't know. I just like it when the guy chases. So much hotter and romantic and manlier. Plus, I was raised not to go after men like that.

• not all women act like this.. just to put it clear

• Because most of us women have been taught that chasing a man is a big turn off for the man. That men don't like to be chased. They like to be the ones to do the work. A lot of websites still tell girls this. Despite all this, if a girl really likes you, she may disregard this old information and chase you anyway. However, if chasing a guy didn't work for her in the past, she may be afraid to do it again. So, it's really up to you to be aware of what may be going on with any girls that seem to find their way to you regularly and know the signs that a girl is into you. If you like the chase, play a little hard to get, but be careful. If you do it too much or for too long, she'll lose interest or find someone else!

• Well most men want to chase and lose interest if a woman is too forward.

• Why do men?

• 4d

whatever, i meant girls, women, human females, they stubbornly feel that a woman should never initiate anything with a guy

• Some woman just want a guy who pursue them. Honestly i am aggressive outside to most men but to my man i want to be his little woman. Nothing got to do with the society. Just personal preference

• 2d

so would never approach a guy or initiate conversation with a guy first to indicate that you like him?

• Why you ask?
    1. you don't want to be taken granted for
    2. it's more easier and relaxing to just wait, let the other person do the pursuing.
    3. I'm probably not going to be interested in you until you pursue me and show me a reason to be interested. I have plenty of other guys who also like me. (actually this should be number 1).
    4. I don't have time to pursuit anyone... busy with life's important aspects.

• cuz i'm shy and figure if they don't ask then they must not like me

• Then you should date an alpha woman... let her wear the pants

• Women decide who they will "keep" but men throw the nets. You can thank your ever blessed, "evolution" for this. Deal with it.

• Stop chasing and start loving 😘