My girlfriend wants to stop having sexual until marriage?

So my girlfriend has decided she wants to wait until marriage for any sexual intimacy. We are both religious and faithful people. About 2 months ago we stopped having sex, because she thinks it is a sin. Then said her boundaries were oral and hand stuff. Today she said she wants to quit the oral and hand stuff too (we just did oral this last weekend). She wants to stop all sexual intimacy until we get married. I know there's not another guy and her decision is based solely on her faith. I believe if you only have sex with the person who you love and are going to 100% marry than there is no sin. Though she believes very differently and that we have to stay pure. I love her and we both see ourselves marrying each other one day and that's why I'm still with her. What should I do? Tips if you've been in this situation before?

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 2

• I'm not really sure about all this. You say she believes that you should stop so that you to can remain pure, and that is what confuses me. You are both already no longer pure. To pretend to be only adds hypocrisy into this mix. Put it this way, I murdered several people over the course of one year, but then I decided to stop. Does make me an innocent woman? No.

That aside, this seems like a veiled ultimatum, and already being so invested in the relationship, it hardly seems fair to suddenly take something (sex) away that was there for such a long time. Especially when it comes to such a backwards (to me at least) reason.

Honestly, I would just tell her everything I said. I would tell her that I enjoy sex, and that she has not given me any good reason to stop. You guys need to compromise and communicate; Those are key to any healthy relationship.

Good luck out there.

• If you can't wait till marriage and if you feel that people in relationships should have sexual intimacy, you should tell her that. If she still won't be willing to compromise, you should start thinking the possibility of breaking up with her.

What Guys Said 1

• Dang that sucks my only advice would be don't rush marriage!! I know quite a few people at church at a young age like just turned 18 haven't even been together for a year that got married too soon. They probably just wanted to fuck already and their hormones got to them so they rushed it