Why would a couple both deactivate their Facebooks?

So I like this guy. We're friends and he likes me too (he told me), but I haven't been talking to him as he has a girlfriend and I want to respect that. But recently he deactivated his Facebook and then his girlfriend deactivated hers too just a few days after. Why would they both do this? Do you think they broke up? I really like him, but as I said I'm not planning on talking to him unless I know for sure they're over. Thanks!

What Guys Said 2

• Possibly there is a fight among them, probably the girl indicated that he spends more time in FB, and an altercation broke in. To show his integrity towards her, he turned off his FB profile. And she did it too to give him a message that evwn she honors to the relationship.

• stop home wrecking. it's not cool. they deactivated because they felt you were getting too close to him, and it's not cool

• 5d

i already said i haven't spoken to him at all in a long time out of respect..

• 5d

yeah, so, stop homewrecking

What Girls Said 1

• They either decided:
    -They want to take a break from social media.
    -They broke up.
    -They had a fight.
    - /Another reason I cannot think of.