What does it mean if a guy you have been in relationship with 5 years?

Don't take you out on many dates if you were in a 5 year relationship? Only took you out like 5-10 times

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he stopped 'trying' because he's got you now

What Guys Said 1

• Personally, I think it means he's a loser but this is a common complaint from women -- they have boyfriends who never take them out. I mean, in the end, if you're ok with it then I guess it doesn't matter but it always seemed weird to me when I met women who told me that their ex-boyfriend's idea of a date was going over to his place to watch he and his friends play video games.

• 10d

What does that say about the woman?

• 10d

Well, it says that she's like most other women. You know, this isn't the same thing, but the girl I hire as my nanny has a boyfriend who is constantly unemployed, constantly getting fired, etc. She works as a nanny, has a side job at an ice cream shop and constantly complains about how she's stuck with the bills every month. Her parents hate this guy (duh) and tell her constantly that if she stays with him, she'll regret it. She and I are pretty close and her parents know this so they actually contacted me once and asked me to talk to her. I told them that it's pointless because she's young and at her age, she's going to love who she's going to love. It's something she needs to learn for herself, you know?

Anyway, the complaint about having a boyfriend who never takes them out it so incredibly common, that I sort of feel the same way about it. Women are going to follow their heart, even if it leads them to a guy who can't/won't set up a date.

What Girls Said 3

• He's a homebody perhaps?

Why not try taking HIM out on a date to show him how fun it can be?

• A waste of time

• So... less than 2 times per year. That is very strange. I would say you talk to him about it and say that if this is going somewhere then you want him to make more of an effort. If it isn't going somewhere then break up.