Is (light) acne a big turn off?

Even though I'm almost 20, I occasionally have massive break outs. Usually, my skin is pretty clear but 1-2 times a month, it's a complete pizza face disaster. It fades within a few days but until then it's kind of visible, even with make up. Is that really unattractive or do you consider it as something that's not important?

• Yes
  • No

What Guys Said 7

• It definitely doesn't make someone more attractive. It takes away from the attractiveness of a person in all cases. However that's dependent on the severity of the acne. If the girl has a cute 7/10 face then can she easily pull off a little bit of acne.

• I struggled with acne for many years before my dermatologist gave me some hardcore medication. I don't judge other people acne solely because I know how it feels to have it. I've become indifferent to it so no it isn't a turnoff.

• Its not a big turn off but surely affects the way someone (even your loved one) sees you. Do you take care of your skin? Did you check your hormonal levels? Do you burst the pimples with your fingers?

• Everyone has dealt with acne. We all know what it is and we all know it goes.
    And actually, it gives you a bit more of a natural look :)

• Pretty much everyone deals with acne at some point in their life so it's no big deal to me

• I'm totally fine with light acne. I have light acne, so I don't care.

• Pics?

What Girls Said 5

• I get a breakout here and there, and my boyfriend does not care.

• If a girl cares that much, then she's not the one for you. We all have flaws. What are you doing about your acne though?

• 9d

I wash my face every day and use a toner & a small amount of oil free moisturizing gel to keep my skin from drying out, plus some gentle exfoliation every now and then. My problem is that my skin is not only acne prone but also very sensitive, so acne fighting ingredients like salicylic acid are too harsh for me and make the break outs even worse...

• 9d

I had bad acne until I started drinking about a gallon of water a day. I had tried everything, water is the only thing that worked. Proactiv has really worked for my son. It's not harsh at all. Good luck with it, it'll pass

• We're all human. Most people get it.

• no its not

• I mean it's whatever people aren't perfect if a guy cares about you for you a little acne won't hurt