Did he just call me fat?

He said "I can pick you up, I just don't wanna hurt my lower back."

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 14

• I think people should think before they speak. It seems like a joke but
    than again things said can also be hurtful. I am a bigger guy and i have
    a issue if someone makes a statement to me calling me Big Guy cause
    I had a weight problem all my life and so far manage to lose almost 100 lbs
    I've came along way but it still can change my train of thought and upset me
    even thou ladies have told me I'm attractive guy i still have issues accepting
    compliments and such so i know where your coming from trust me.

• He could have just had an actual issue with his lower back and didn't want to make it worse. He could also have been making a joke. You were there so it's easier for you to tell. I'm sure he didn't call you fat unless he's a bit of an asshole.

• Not necessarily, you'd be surprised how many people say things without considering what else it could mean to whoever is listening.

• I don't think he is calling you fat. because he would of said, I can't pick you up, cause I will break my back. I think he means he would love to pick you up, but he is worried he would hurts his back, or he has a bad back. Basically he is saying in a sense, your a delicious desert, but he can't eat you, because it's bad for him, or I loved to have a smoke, but it will cause me cancer.
    In other words, he would loved to pick you up, but doing it, would hurt him.
    Basically he is in a catch 22 situation with you.

• 2d

To me that saying doesn't imply your fat. Because why say he can pick you up, but then say he has a bad back. Because if you are fat, he won't be able to pick you up, regardless of his bad back. At end of the day, if you can't pick something up, you can't do it, bad back or not.

Its bit like saying you can pick up 100 kg at the gym, but then saying I am at risk hurting my back, in that case you can't pick up the weight anyway, because you should be able to pick up that weight without hurting yourself. So it doesn't count if you hurt yourself.

• Sounds more like he just wanted to make a joke which he didn't think through. Assuming that picking up meant picking up with a car. Then it makes sense.

• Indirectly, yeah.

• I think he wanted to make a joke (let's be honest, if it was a big distance, doesn't matter how slim you can be, it will still burn your back lol) but he didn't think about the possible second intention it could have.
    It doesn't mean that he thinks "you're fat, you cow", in fact, he might not even think that you're fat, but it wasn't a bulletproof joke haha

• Yeah sounds like he did

• He probably has a shitty back.

• Yup he's a keeper

• Ask him.

• No... any person, even thin ones is a lot of weight to pick up.

• Yeah jokingly or he actually has back pain.
    Or he's an asshole and he's not joking.

• without clairvoyance its hard to say what it is that he meant, but judging from your profile pic, yes

What Girls Said 12

• Could be simply that bending over to pick up a piece of paper could hurt his back (I've had those days - hurt my back recently). And so he didn't mean it in a fat way just that anything weighing more than 50grams could hurt.

BUT, if it's something he implies a lot, then maybe he was.

• If you Know you Have a little Butter on those Buns, Hun... Take his Word for it.
    However, if you Don't, and He is Telling you about his 'Lower Back," this is Whack. He has Health issues. xx

• That's how I'd take it

• Lol yea 🙊

• Yes, he did.

• Yeah.

• OH NO HE DIDN'T!

• He called himself weak :p

• I don't think so

• probably...

• It's possible.

• what if he had a lower back pain?