Is this a good idea?

So, I am with this girl and we both have feelings for each other.
I live in Canada while she lives in Turkey. But, she is planning on coming to Canada to study university.
Well, here it is. She is my first, and I am her first. I know everything we are going through, will be great memories in the future as I want to marry her.
I even told her that, I would want to marry her before university finishes, and she said she wants the same.

So, next summer I am going to Turkey to see her. And I am fully aware that we are probably going to have our first kiss then.
But I want it so that it is special and we never forget the moment. So, I am planning on renting a boat for an evening dinner/supper. I am going to cover the boat with roses, and prepare the food myself. There will of course be some calm music as well.
And at night, some fireworks can do the thing.
How is this idea?

What Girls Said 15

• Sounds so nice! But be careful... if she's quite a shy girl that would be too much and make it awkward. Good luck to you:) I'm in quite the same situation, I'm talking to a guy in France and I'm in Thailand. Planning to go university exchange in France too:) but mine is not as serious as yours

• That sounds really nice. A little over the top with the fireworks and roses, but still really nice all the same. I'm sure she will love it.

• Omg this is adorable <3 <3 She is a lucky girl!

• It sounds like a great idea! It's simple and romantic. :)
    I'm sure she will love it! And see how much you like her.

Good luck!

• Sounds insanely amazing. She's a lucky gal.

• 8d

I love her. I really love her.
      I would give my life for her. You know, I sleep with her picture in my hand.
      I miss her so much. She's not lucky at all, I'm the one who is lucky. She is the first girl I've loved, hopefully the last.
      I will always love her.

• 8d

thank you. I hope for all the best in you life as well. I hope you live much more happiness I am going through even now :)

• 8d

Thank you! :)

• that sounds sweet
    make sure you spend a good amount of time with her in person before then
    but also, be prepared for anything
    the 1st kiss can come up spontaneously when there's good emotions flowing
    the moment should not be forced

• 8d

thank you.
      of course, you're right. though, I'm not the type to kiss in front of people, as she's not the type either. kinda against my culture :)
      though of course, even if I do this, still doesn't mean we'll have our first kiss then...

• (For once I won't be bitter)... That's actually an amazing idea! She will definitely remember it and it will be special to her and for you!:)

• 8d

thank you :)
      would you have any suggestions for me?
      I should wear a suit right?

• 8d

I mean you can but I think a nice button up shirt and slacks will do it. :)

• 8d

hmm, can you send a picture of it? Like, I'm more of a visual person :)

• looooovvvveeee it. Your wooing game is 💯

• 8d

haha thanks :)
      what would you suggest I wear though?

• 8d

Depends how you approach this, do you want this to be light and fun or serious and romantic, if so wear somewhat formal attire maybe not a suit but a dress shirt and so clean jeans 👌

• 8d

a dress shirt + jeans, not tucked in, with a watch, and sleeves up :) good idea :) :)
      no tie though lol, not a big fan :D

• Sounds cute

• 8d

hmm, what could make it better?
      you seem kinda unsatisfied.
      like I don't want her to have a similar reaction as yours. lol

• 8d

Lol, no it's not that I'm unsatisfied. I'm kind of weird I'm not into romantic stuff so I was just picturing if I were into that sort of thing would I like it or not. It sounds really nice :)

• Wow yeah. That's the ideal setting and situation basically for a date. I'm sure you'll love it. Good luck!

• Didn't read

• not really so much work fo a person which is nothing or u yet

• and I can't even get a text back

• thats too much

• Bit too cheesy for me

• 8d

hmm, you got any ideas?

• 8d

Loose the roses covering. One will do. As it might come across trying too hard which is a put off. And music as you guys should be talking.

What Guys Said 3

• That's pretty romantic, and something she's not likely to forget any time soon. Good luck to you both!

• Sounds good. You guys will never forget your first kiss ever no matter what but make the time special for the both of you. Good luck and congratulations

• Sounds like a good idea, maybe a little expensive.

• 8d

nahh, at most 200$ lol
      I would even go for 1000$ for her actually.
      Honestly, she deserves a lot more...

• 8d

I hope it works out well for you, but you should be prepared for it not to go as planned. Sometimes people aren't the same in person as you think... just.. be prepared for disappointment.

• 8d

@Sara413 I've lived through many disappointments, could definitely manage another if it happens. But we've also spoken on the phone, and video calls as well.
      Hopefully all goes as we wish. :)