What physical feature/fashion trend does the opposite gender think looks good on themselves that you do not?

This is meant to be fun, but also informative. A lot the things we do, we tend to do partially for ourselves but also to attract a mate. And some things we think are attractive on ourselves, some members of the opposite gender do not. And I mean something people can't help. So skin color and acne and height don't apply. It has to be something they try to do intentionally.

So, for example, I hate six packs. Seriously. I don't know why, but to me, they're gross and not cute. You have muscles? Awesome. I already knew that since, you know, you're a man. But for some reason, six packs really gross me out. Don't really get why some men want them. Don't get me wrong, I like abs on a man, just not so many. Like the photo below is too much for me. I know he technically has what could be an 8 pack, but even if it was 6, it turns me off for some reason.

That, and guys who workout every muscle except their legs. End up looking like Johnny Bravo.

It can be anything from make up and fashion trends to body image.

What Guys Said 47

• Easiest question for me to answer all week!

High-waisted anything (pants, shorts,, etc) look ugly and non-flattering to me.

cdn-wpmsa.defymedia.com/.../...-Shopping-Guide.jpg

Septum piercings are so ugly and unnecessary.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...d721ea2cf8.png

• Ha. Cool question. I'm not a fan of any of the following:

Removing eyebrows and painting them back on in a shape that's unnatural. Ew.

Heels. Why? Discomfort for dubious vanity makes me question your sanity and intelligence.

The *stupid* dog ear/nose filter that so many young women use on pictures of themselves. It just looks dumb and does nothing for you.

That's all, really. For the most part all y'all are very awesome to look at. M

• 4d

Ear / nose filter? What the heck is that? Hahaha.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh.. I think I have seen that in some profile pictures. I always thought it was something non-serious. So they really think it's a fashion? WTF !!! Ughhhh.

• 4d

@HaveNoName It's not fashion in the clothing sense. It's fashionable in the all-the-cool-kids-are-doing-it sense. I don't know, maybe we're just old, but being a "dog" was not something any girl aspired to when we were that age.

• 3d

Oh we are right on the same wavelength there. I wish Elon Musk could invent a time machine to take us back to the 70-80s.

• drawn on eye brows and excessive make up. every girl seems to do it these days and they look utterly ridiculous.

3.bp.blogspot.com/.../000.jpg

• I dislike very glamourous looks copied off celebrities big hair, make up and lots of bling.
    How come when I try to keep a low profile, people still spot me, Ugh the trials of being famous
    furrierstlouis.files.wordpress.com/.../...end.jpeg

• -i don't like the heavy eye makeup (i think the style may be called "winged")... heavy makeup in general is not attractive to me
    -never cared or concerned myself with the "thigh gap"

• -Trashy Piercings. (Anywhere but ears)
    -Female Tattoos. (Anywhere at all)
    -Skin tight clothes, see through clothes, slutty (over exposure) clothes. (Yeah it might look good on a fraction of women, but NOT the majority who wear it.)
    - Big girls dressing like tiny girls.
    - Dark makeup
    - Athletic wear used as a general outfit
    - Fake body parts.
    - Smoking
    - Long ghetto fingernails
    - Pixie / Short hair cuts.
    - Freak colored hair.

Yes, long list, but there is an equally long one for my own gender as well.
    Generally... if you look like trash, you usually are trash.

• ı dont like excessive make up

• Micro shorts, no modesty

• Leggings. I think they make women look absolutely horrible and I don't understand why anyone would wear them. You know how sausages are made (meat being squeezed into a pig intestine that looks a bit like a condom)? That's exactly what leggings make girls look like... it literally makes them look like a sausage. Now, I'm Swiss and just like the Germans, we love sausages. But when girls look like sausages, that's not a good thing. And no, it doesn't matter whether they're overweight or skinny. It just doesn't look nice.

Another thing I find quite unattractive are those really thin negligées that young women like to wear in the summer. They're usually too long and go all the way to their thighs and sometimes one shoulder is free. Being lightly (or even nude) doesn't bother me at all... it's just this particular piece of clothing. It looks a bit like a night gown and... I can't quite pinpoint it but I don't find it pretty. I'd much rather have a girl wear a simple t-shirt or - even better - a shirt. Shirts look awesome on girls :-).

Finally, I don't like high heels for a number of reasons. I get annoyed by their loud clacking sound at public places and I feel like they make women look unnecessarily cocky/arrogant (especially if they're paired with dark sunglasses). Of course women can dress however they please but if you think of yourself as starlet, I'd rather not get to know you.

• I think a lot of the piercings and tattoos girls get they really think make them look better. I know everyone has their own tastes as to what looks good, but when I see some of these girls with all this hardware stuck through their faces and tattoos (who are otherwise attractive girls) I sometimes think: "Why did they do that to themselves?"

• Too much make up.

• The trashy fake eyebrow / winged-eyeliner Kardashian/Amy Winehouse look.
    It needs to go... now. This generation is way too obsessed about their eyebrows and, if they are not careful, they will pay a terrible life-long price for their self-mutilation.

Oh, and septum piercings. If I wanted to date a girl with a septum piercing, I'd date a cow.

• 3d

I love winged eyeliner

• 3d

@Autumn-Bunny and in 7 years you will be looking at pictures of yourself asking "What was I thinking?" It's so funny watching young people have those moments.

• 3d

Nah my makeup is on point... except in this picture my eyeliner is crooked and ugly... I haven't worn makeup in a while.

• Piercings and makeup.

Really, any kind of makeup. I just don't like it.

Technically if I don't see it, then it's good makeup - but I tend to see it.

My archnemesis is mascara.

I also dislike these huge weird artificial nails that get stuck in everything.

• Fake nails/long nails.

• - Short hair (short enough exposing the back of the neck)
    - Shoes that cover the feet; typically, boots and those court shoes (heels and otherwise).
    - Super long nails (typically those fake ones that the lethergic cashiers use). Oh and I hate those pointed witch nails too. Ughhhh...

• When girls don't understand what kind of clothing is flattering or unflattering for their body type. Like a fat girl wearing a crop top. The point was to show how small your waist is, not how big it is.
    However I don't care much how a woman dresses, I do care when they dress in a way that makes them confidant, but rather than acting confidant, they become pretentious, although that's not the clothing itself as much as feeling fashionable enabling their egos. Maybe guys do it too

• Someone else has already mentioned it, but I agree with it to the extent that I'm going to emphasise it here.

High wasted trousers/jeans.

Girls.

Please.

No more.

• Fake nails

• Hmmm this is interesting. People really like it when im my uniform but i hate it. Also my girl finds it hot when im all dressed up in a suit. I dont like dressing up. I could go with the rest of my life wearing sports clothes.

• 3d

Oh sorry. Thoughy it was what people like on me that i dont. So lets do this again.
      -Tons of make up
      -Tight clothes on chubby women
      -People saying words like "bruh", "dude", "cool", and acting gangsta or hardcore.
      -Guys being obsessed with their grooming/facial hair.
      -Girls wearing those stupid furry boots that make their feet curve inwards.
      -Oily hair on a girl.
      -Too weird/shiny/colorful/big glasses worn by men and women.
      -Smoking like you own half the universe. Drug lord style.
      -Skinny ripped guys acting huge.
      Many many more...

• Breast implants. A lot of women still don't understand that many of us men prefer them small. If I had a wife or girlfriend who said she wanted to get implants I'd consider getting a court order to keep her 100 feet from any surgeon.

Nail polish and long nails. I'm guessing 95% of men don't give a flyin' fig newton about what a woman's nails look like.

Unnatural hair color. Self explanatory.

Purfume. It gives me a headache.

• actually, dresses. I don't know why, but they don't really do it for me unless they are exceptionally well designed. And even then, it only looks good as "art," more so than for sexual attraction. Same with heels or anything that looks uncomfortable to wear.

• Lipstick, I prefer the natural look. Except of course in special, formal and events where you need to make an effort to look good.

• Wedges

• If duckface counts, duckface is my answer all the way.

• 1d

And yeah, I can't understand not working out legs. I would just feel weird, and it would offend my obsessive-compulsive sense of proportion.

• Deep red lipstick. Oh god no.. >_<

• Well just tell me "fuck you" to my face lol

• High heels and makeup.

• Chokers on neck

• I think a suit. The less of my body you can see, the better quite frankly

• To me it just seems like just the idea of looking half way decently healthy. As in not too skinny nor "fat" due to inflamation of the tissue. I mean a little fat is okay as its energy reserves but not to the point the body looses space to put it.

• More from Guys
    17

What Girls Said 43

• I haaaaaaaate hairy guys. It's just really discusting to me. I used to date this guy who literally had like 3 inch long armpit hair and it was sooo gross. I mean some hair is fine, but if you look like a gorilla then nope.

Omg...
    Sagging pants are just so stupid. I hate them. Like get a belt. Please.

I guess I find like super super short hair is sorta unattractive, I mean, some guys can pull it off, but most of the time no.
    I hope this was helpful! 🤗 It was so fun ranting actually 😂😂

• 4d

watch out for this one guy who keeps on asking whether we mind super hairy men. And god forbid you tell him to wax or laser or shave. Brace yourself for a shitstorm!

• 4d

@TheDevilInside oh gee! Thanks for the warning! 👍🏼👍🏼

• 1. The new grown beard, like the one on the picture:
    www.newhealthguide.org/.../image001.jpg

I like fresh shaved guys or with beard but not this something in between. Especially it looks horrible on brown haired men. It looks dirty to me and gives an impression of a guy who does not even shower or otherwise care for himself.

2. And this low cut male shirts.. it is just disgusting. If you aren't gay what are you trying to achieve with this outfit? Looks like some sleazy guy who wants to sell himself and drag attention but that really doesn't work on me (I wonder if on any woman)

i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...3A000005DC-89_224x615.jpg

• Fedoras and/or trilbys. Like I will cross to the other side of the street if I see a man wearing one in public. upload.wikimedia.org/.../..._made_by_Borsalino.jpg

• Men with top knots (dude, just get a haircut!!)... makes me think they can't be bothered to look after themselves... and skinny jeans on men... it's just not a look I go for!

• Guys who think that sagged ass pants is just "dope" and cool. I hate it, it looks stupid. Wear clothes that fit you properly.

• 4d

I agree. You can do that when you're 14 and want to dream of being a big tough scary hip hop guy. When you're 20 and you still do it, it's just ghettoish and tasteless.

• Man buns
    Piercings but especially spacers
    Pants that are too short paired with tie up shoes with no socks (so hipster)
    Guys who use tablets as cameras
    Sweat pants in public (unless you've just ducked out for some milk)
    Wearing chunky jewellery

🙊😩 I'm so judgmental

• Hair that's shaved on the sides, and long at the top of the head. This is like the favorite hairstyle of today's men all over the world as it seems, but I just think they look like ridiculous birds or paradise... only more boring.

encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images

oh and did I mention douchy-looking?

• Man buns...🙄

• Saggy pants showing their underwear, front-to-back caps on their heads, one shiny earring... anything "swag" just looks stupid in my opinion.
    Oh and spitting on the streets and smoking are not cool.

My little brother is 13 and goes with all the terrible fasion trends. I can't wait for him to see his mistakes...

• wuuut?
    no! I love muscular dudes XD and 6-8 packs are highly wlc XD
    I don t like that Asian pop thingy

• Crew cuts
    Super long hair
    Piercings
    Tattoos
    Moustache
    Too much muscle
    Long beard
    Saggy pants
    Jewelry
    Super colorful clothes
    Shirts with v necks or flowery design

• Moustaches, too much beard in general, chest &/belly hair, baggy jeans, pants that are literally down to their knees, having their underwear pulled up further than the actual pants so it sticks out, too much muscle, eyebrows that are way too bushy for their faces because they think it makes them look manly while in actuality it just looks odd lmao, deep neck t-shirts or tops, vans & converse (absolutely hate those shoes!! It's the ultimate way to repel me), anything with too much pattern or color, anything of poor quality, tight fitting t-shirts or any top of stretchy fabric, the list goes on and on an on hahaha

• Red. I hate red on a guy. Skinny jeans or jeans with rips on... Just no guys. Low cut v-neck t-shirt that they wear to show off the tops of their six packs. Leather jackets: used to love leather jackets but they've become so cliche it hurts.

• Umm... Ditto! I agree with both of what you said, especially the six packs. I do like abs but there's a thing as too much.

• I'm not a big fan of a lot of facial hair. I don't like tongue or eyebrow piercings. I hate saggy pants.

• I agree with the muscles thing.
    And don't be a jerk, thinking it's cool, I prefer sweet guys.

• men in skinny jeans...
    omg eww... i hate that so much.

• V necks qnd saggy pants.

• Just a few of things really:
    - those ear stretcher things, (goes for both genders)
    - the baggy trousers look so where you can see a guys boxers, (in my head I'm thinking get a belt or you can afford an iPhone but not trousers that covers your butt)
    - sometimes it looks nice but skinny jeans on guys
    - piercings on anything other than the ear, (both gendrs)

• Peircings.. tattoos.. long hair.

• Piercings on the face, ears are ok just not gauges. Skinny jeans, a whole bunch of tattoos especially ones that don't even mean anything.

• Skinny jeans on men... hm no just NO!

• Man buns & those god awful sagged pants. They both have to go.

• beards and crew cuts

• I would definitely have to say the thick draw on eyebrows and the fake weird looking big butts, annnnnnnnnd🤔... thats all!

• - tunnel earinfs
    - low pants especially with brifhf underwear
    - hoodies / swearshir

• Piercings on nose, tongue, lips, eyebrows

• saggy pants with your boxers/underwear showing in front or back. i should not be able to mold the shape of your crotch, or butt with my eyes. it is absolutely disgusting.

• I agree with the muscles thing. Dislike beards/moustaches, long hair, saggy pants, piercings (earrings can sometimes be cute).

• ı dont like guys who have a lot of muscles on their bosy like excessive

• More from Girls
    13