Girls and guys what is your opion on dating when you have kids?

Lets say you have one or two kids you have your kids certain days on the weekday and on weekends what is your opion on dating? Or you have your kids a lot and they go with the ex on the weekends what is your outlook on dating? I don't have kids this is a random question. A lot of people want to be relationships still regrardless if they have kids this doesn't mean that they are not being a responsible parent their kid will still come first. But how do you view dating when u have kids?

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 17

• If you are a single parent and don't want to be single, you have to date. But do not introduce someone to your children until you have known them a while. Children become attached easily and don't understanding that dating is usually temporary, so don't make your kids also have to go through your breakups.

• I have kids and they're by far my biggest priority. I only go out with women on days that I don't have them and on days that I have them, women I date know not to call or text me.

• 1d

In my opinion I would date, but I wouldn't involve my kids to meet the person that I'm dating till after the same date and I are seeing each other for awhile. I say that because I wouldn't want my kids to think its ok for dad to be bringing home a different girl every time I go on a date. It would also show them that dad is stable and happy with the girl that he's with. On days that the kids aren't there, would be a good time to date different people if I were to bring them home for a dinner date or her coming over so we can go out.

• Personally, I make it a point to not date single moms. They have a little person in their lives that demands more than all of the attention they have to give. The child deserves that kind of focus, and both parents are responsible to provide it. The most blunt way to put it, I didn't make that, so I don't want to fix/maintain that

Single parents should of course continue dating when they are ready. They've just got to remember any potential partner needs to be 'courting' their kids, too.

• It makes no difference except to the people you date.

• Been there, done that. It's not for me. I don't car for it. Mostly because the kid will come first and it's their 2nd full time job and does get in the way of things even if they don't expect you to be their father/mother figure.

Most single moms I met ended up being pretty boring, around my age at least, not literally all of them but some id talk to and they wouldn't do anything except work and take care of their kid. They had bland personalities. But that's not to say every single parent is boring.

• I'd probably date in secret at first, but if I found an extremely promising girl I'd introduce her to my kids. I'd then start having her visit my place sometimes to have them spend time with her so they could get to know her well too and see if they'd like her as a mom.

• I imagine it can be tough for those who have children. But whatever the circumstance may be, just know that these children will be our future and deserve our best support

• ı wouldn't

• Yeah totally date chics with kids

• I'd get a chick who will love em' and pay attention on my kids, if she don't well.. İ don't give a fuck about her too.

• Well unless you plan to raise those kids alone for the entirety of your life, then dating is a necessity to get back to the married state.

• I'd date a woman with kids, but I would have to factor everything in her situation first!

• If i agree to dating a woman with kids, that means that she either blew my mind with her other qualities i'm looking for or i at least see the potential that she's going to do that.

• I don't date women with kids.

• A single mom would have to be pretty special for me to date her.

• My wife was a single mother when I married her. We dated a lot before we were married.

• Enjoy trouble then. You wanted kids? Now you have to pay the price.

• 1d

What do you mean?

• 1d

I mean forget about dating once you have kids. Stay at home and feed them.

That's why I never want to have kids, so I can date whoever I want.

What Girls Said 3

• I wouldn't date someone with kids because I never plan on having any myself.

• I would date a guy with kids even if I didn't have kids

• I think too many people, most of them girls but guys do it too, introduce these people they're dating to their kids way too soon. It's fucked up. So their kid can keep seeing them with a different man/woman. Nooo... so wrong.

• 1d

I understand what you're saying. But im not talking about meeting. Just dating period at the beginning

• 1d

It's difficult to divide the time up, but just see the guy when the kid is with their dad or with a babysitter. Or he can come over when the kid is asleep or at school.
      As long as he isn't trouble and won't bring trouble to your door, or have bad people around you- both which will affect a kid, then it's fine in my opinion.
      Parents can date, they've just gotta be more cautious because if things fuck up or they get unlucky and meet bad people, it's not just them to to think about.