Why do you think some girls like bad boys?

I dislike to admit that I'm a sucker for bad boys. They just seem so much more interesting than dull "good" guys.

Why do you think some girls have an attraction towards them?

2d **the way I see it, a bad boy is a guy that doesn't care about collateral damage, he gets what he wants. He's generally sarcastic, and just kinda rude to most people, but you. BUT, he still knows right from wrong, it's just he sometimes uses wrong to get to his right.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 20

• I think its biological. There was some documentary I saw—I think it was called The Human Animal—which explained all kinds of behaviors from a biological point of view. This was discussed.

They explained that females see the "bad boy" type as a male who is willing to take risks, which is a potential advantage for survival. Therefore, it makes sense that this evolved as something females find attractive. A male who is willing to hunt dangerous game, for example, has more opportunity to provide food—and thus survive—than a male who will only hunts bunny rabbits.

However, once he's attracted and with her, her desire is to curb actually risk taking, especially unnecessary risks. She'll attempt to dissuade him from throwing rocks at lions just for entertainment, for example.

This applies today with stuff like fighting, riding motorcycles, or whatever adrenaline junky kind of thing he may be into. Read any autobiography of an astronaut and you'll see this is so. Astronauts were mostly fighter jet test pilots. They got lots of girls. But the autobiographies invariably talk about how very hard space flight was on their wives and marriages.

• 2d

Regarding your update… I don't know, a lot of people are saying that's confidence. I disagree; being rude is just rude. I think it foreshadows how he'll eventually be with you. The oldest dating advice ever is that you watch how your date treats people like waiters/waitresses etc., and that's what you're in for once the honeymoon period is over and things get real. I think there's something to it. If confidence is what you're truly seeking—and I wouldn't blame you one bit for that—I think you could find it in combination with "interesting and kind". Was this kind of rudeness, or lack of concern for collateral damage as you put it, modeled for you by men who, in your childhood, were close to you?

• 2d

You did say "kinda rude", but I get that the quality you're describing is hard to define. Could it be that he's just so focused on you personally that nothing and no one else matters to him? Like he's hyper focused on protecting and providing for your needs that you just find it attractive?

• 2d

I guess? I'm so bad at explaining lol..

• 'Cause they're miserable. The want attention, and they know bad boys will give them the attention they want. They want drama. They want a story. They want to be seen as victims. Nothing better than breaking up with him and having all your girls come to you and give you all the attention you want.
    It's so sad.

scontent.ford1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/.../...649361_n.jpg

• I am not a 100% sure probably the bravado and confidence - More than likely you will find your opinion change as you get older and your interpretation of what confidence is - It is same for guys who seem to go for the flirty popular girls in their teens.

• I think the terms are just really dumb cause more often than not the guys who call themselves "good guys" are just incredibly boring and they have no interesting qualities so they just end up calling themselves good guys cause their only redeeming quality is supposed to be that they will treat you well, even though that's supposed to be the absolutely minimum in a relationship.

That being said if you genuinely like bad boys (the kind who might have a criminal record, do drugs, get into a lot of trouble, etc.) Then that's probably because you have a lot of issues yourself and maybe you're looking for a relationship where you are trying to "fix" someone. So generally the girls who like actual bad boys tend to have a lot of issues mentally and I'd suggest therapy for them.

• 3d

I don't have any issues like that, just some mental issues here and there. What i consider to be a "bad boy" is a guy who honestly doesn't care about how others perceive him, are arrogant, etc. The attracrion is they fall for you. They'll be bad, but not to you.

• 3d

So basically guys who are confident, decisive and who know what they want and will try to get it. It's really not abnormal at all for girls to be into those traits, the only thing that's fucked up is that you're into them not caring about the collateral damage. Like that's a sign you have some issues.

• 3d

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I guess I do haha.

• It's the aura of confidence.. The lack of care from the dude that leaves her wondering. Girls can also have it bad for a slightly troubled kinda mysterious guy.

• Because girls prioritize their feelings over cause and effect, decisions and consequences. That's why.

• Because they're bored of themselves. So they try to keep themselves from being too bored.

• You like their power. You like how they intimidate, manipulate and abuse to crush obstacles without a care for the damage they caused to those who opposed them.

• maybe because they feel safe with them?

• Cause goodboys are boring

• Because girls want excitement. They think good guys are too mundane.

• meh you like what you like

• Confidence.

• Because they want a man like me.

Heil Hitler.

• I don't know. I think, girls like bad guys.

• You will regret going out with a bunch of "bad boys" later in life. Most girls do.

• They have issues.

• You answered your own question.

• This is what I always ask a girl who finds bad boys much more interesting than good guys.

Is your life really that boring and are you that boring yourself that you need someone else to provide some excitement and entertainment in your life?

• Girls like being treated like shit.

What Girls Said 7

• I use to be this way but at times goes on you start to realize that "Does a bad boy really treat me with respect and will not cheat on m and cause a headache?". a lot of the bad boy type of guys that women generally go for generally treat them like crap. But they will still hang on to that relationship in hopes that the guy will change, or that he will out of the blue start treating you with respect. It doesn't work that way. A man must want to change on his own and its something that can not be forced upon him.

• Girls at your age like bad boys. I am lucky I always liked good ones, actually they are way more interesting to "play with" sometimes.

• There is a guy in my class that I used to like and one of the reasons I liked him so much was because he was extremely opinionated, unpredictable, firm and confident. He would criticize everybody else and hate on them but he treated me extremely well.

• less likely to be predicable and we like to be entertained.

• Teens and young people like bad boys. Well they're good for a fling and a bit of fun but they get old quickly. I do like their confidence and sense of humour.

• I don't know but I sometimes am attracted to them too

• The word "bad boy" is thrown around loosely. If you're talking about a guy with confidence who is attractive, you don't like a bad boy. You like a confident guy who's attractive. I can say in my experience that more often, it's "shy guys" that turn out to be assholes.

But if you mean a guy that treats others like shit, the answer to that is pretty simple: Shitty human beings attract other shitty people.