Is it disgusting, should I tell him, or just break up?

Me and my boyfriend and both 18 and we have been dating for 5 months now, and we keep talking about sex and how we plan to do it in the future. The only problem is that not too long ago i was diagnosed with a disease that caused things that look like pimples, but aren't, to appear on my upper thigh, they come and go, and I'm getting surgery soon, but its not a guarantee that it will never happen again. They look weird and I don't know whether or not to tell my boyfriend or just break up, and is it disgusting.

What Guys Said 6

• Things change over time and I wouldn't wory too much, I doubt if yiu actually have pimple or rather a rash. Res dots from a rash are less bothersome then pimples wjich usually have some small infection causing the whiteheads, blackheads or other acne. If the rash on your thigh is just red bumps you might be over sensitived

• I'd tell him and go from there since it's only fair that he knows if you plan on having sex sometime in the future. He should know so you can plan accordingly to the condition.

• I don't think that's a big enough reason to break up. It's not disgusting, I have pepperoni face which are really pimples

• dont break up with him. he will be heart broken. explain it to him, communicate with him. i am sure that if he is a mature human being that he will understand.

• wait what? lets start over
    you have a boyfriend
    you have a disease
    you want to break up with your boyfriend

right?

so how are these two things related? im so lost lol

• Pics or gtfo

What Girls Said 10

• So you're embarrassed by the disease.. think he'll be disgusted and leave so you want to leave first.
    I get the logic problem is, what about hte next boyfriend, or the one after that, or the one after that?
    I mean, sooner or later you'll have to acknowledge these marks you have. I mean I think you should read up on it more, even if you think you know everything, just have answers! Because he'll probably want to ask questions (especially - what is it, will I catch it, how'd you get it etc).

But no, I think that's a bit silly to break up with him. Just be honest. If he loves your personality something like that on your thigh shouldn't bother him.

• You should tell him. Honesty is the key to a healthy relationship.

• Oh my I think my sister has the same thing, I feel for you. But I recon if he is truly a good guy, he won't care! And this will make you like him even more. When a guy loves you, even for your insecurities, you'll be even more head overhills for him

• i have a ton of weird stuff on my body.. stretch marks from before i lost weight, scars on my back from dermatillomania, red dot scars on my thighs from MRSA and ingrown hairs, a scar on my stomach from a mole removed..
    and my boyfriend still somehow finds me beautiful. If he loves you he won't care

• You should be able to be open with him about personal issues going on in your life. If you can't, he may not be the right guy for you.

• Tell him now. Nothing good will ever cone out of keeping it secret. Also he's going to find out eventually. If he breaks up with you then he's not a good boyfriend. If he stays then he is. A true test of character.

• I think you should tell him.

May I ask what type of skin disease is it? And is there a possibility he can getvit through contact?

• i would tell him. that's the mature thing to do! you are 18

• You should tell him, if he loves you he won't care.

• I don't know how old you are but most men won't care. Teenage boys will though. I say go for it and if he cares about you he can look past it