Is beauty in the eye of the beholder?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it can only be in the eye of the beholder. Without an eye to behold something then it doesn't exist in any sense that means anything. What we see is an intepretation of signals sent to the brain. Those signals can can be altered in various ways. How we interpret those signals is unique to us and is affected by our formative experiences in life.

Think about people who are colour blind, they might see something blue and I might see something green.

Think about optical illusions where you see something that can't be.

Think about the blue/black or white/gold dress.

Perception is subjective, as is beauty.

What Guys Said 5

• 1|0
    • 7d

As cheesy as the show was back in the day, that was a good episode. Somehow I got sucked in to watching the whole thing.

• 7d

No it wasn't back then, but I'm an 80s baby and was a teen in the 90s. I'm not saying it was bad. I used to watch it. I just watched the link you posted. It was really good.

• 7d

@EvilAngel114 There are lots of life lessons to be learned by watching The Twilight Zone. This was among the best of them.

• Yes it is

• I don't fully believe so. No

• Yes indeed.

• I believe it is.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes it always is. It's subjective.

• Yes! For me, it is. If I think you're attractive, that is ALL that matters. F*ck what others think.