Meeting girlfriends parents?

would it be weird if I only got my girlfriends mom flowers or should I buy two bouquets? Will my girlfriend be jealous or mad?

What Girls Said 19

• I wouldn't go with flowers as you don't know what allergies she might have but you should talk to your girlfriend and see what her mom likes as to get something she would enjoy. personally I think you are doing great wanting to bring her mom a small gift but one big thing to remember is respect, call her mom ma'am and her dad sir unless they tell you otherwise, compliment them on how they raised their daughter (and if you want to then say something about how you hope that you can raise your kids/daughters to be just like her when the time comes)

• Depends, if you are meeting her before going to the parents you'll be safe with one (unless you want to get her flowers, I'm sure she'd love them)... if a guy I was taking to meet my folks turned up and said he'd bought my mum flowers I'd think it was really sweet... wouldn't enter my head to think "why didn't he get me some too!".

• Talk to her and tell her, hey I want to buy ur mom flowers so I can make a good impression. I mean communication is key here. Specially when meeting the family since u two can prepare on what to expect. I guess key here is also when u meet her family, is to make the family like u. Win over the mom or the dad, so ur girlfriend will be like yep is a good contender also her family will like u and think good of u.

• It would be a good idea to ask your girlfriend what kind of small gift would be appropriate to bring. Flowers would be okay, although that seems a bit unusual to me. They're generally something you give to your SO, and not their mom.

• It would only be weird if you never give your girlfriend anything. Otherwise it's fine to buy them just for her mum this time. :) And it's super nice

• Buy two bouquets, definitely.

• don't get flowers

• I wouldn't be jealous. I would say just buy one.

• I think that would be sweet if you got her mum a bouquet of flowers.

• Aw you're so sweet! I doubt she'll be jealous she'll probably be super happy!

• Take 2 bouquets it's better to be safe. Plus all womens like flower so they wouldn't complain.

• If you're worried about your girlfriend thinking you getting flowers for her mom is a little much maybe instead bring a bottle of wine or something for dessert that everyone can enjoy

• I would buy two bouquets. It would be sweet To receive that. I would advise getting them the exact same bouquet, though.

• it doesn't matter but if she's jealous don't get anything to her mom

• I love the flowers. If you decide to get her mother flowers, by your girlfriend a single flower. i think your girlfriend would completely appreciate the act. I think it will show how much you care to make a good impression.

• 6d

This is such a great idea!!!

• Get two bouquets!

• Why would she be jealous? Since your meeting her mother for the first time, its really important to give her a good first impression. It if you too, you can also give your girlfriend a flowers but its about you meeting her parents.

• 5d

I agree, I can't think of any reason the girlfriend would be jealous of this lol. It's her own mom.

• Aww. I hope my daughter grows up to meet a guy like you who thinks of the little things. I think both of them will be very, very impressed. If your girl is jealous or mad over that, she's the wrong girl. It's a perfect idea.

• She better not get jealous. Buy them for her mom only I say, but I honestly hate that mushy stuff so I don't know

What Guys Said 1

• It's weird you are buying her mother flowers in the first place. If I were her father, I would already have a problem with you. Maybe cultural difference. Your idea is inappropriate as f*** to me. Are you dating her or her mother? Unless someone died, I don't get it. You want her to approve of you? Show her by how well you treat her daughter.