Guys always stare but don't approach?

Everywhere I go if it's a night out or just doing shopping guys always stare at first I just ignored it but now its getting really annoying. I'm single so when me and my friends go out to a bar we just sit and chat. The guys that approach me are all drunk and well over 50. I will always get stared at but no guy approaches me. I guess my question is why do guys stare but never approach? If I guy stares at me I will smile but that still doesn't do anything.

What Guys Said 25

• Modern men have zero testicle fortitude. It is not your fault. Men today place so much assumption and personal emotion on rejection. It is a ego shattering experience for them. They have not learned that no is OK. They have not discovered that they have a lot of options. They are their worst enemy. Guys like me that get that their is unlimited possibility, which is only 3% of the entire population. It is not you or how you look so lets just throw that out the window. The reason the men in their 50's approach you is because they have a different generational confidence. It is really a cognitive dissonance that modern men tell themselves. They literally talk themselves out of opportunities and lie to themselves because of fear of rejection. It is a self imposed lie. Unfortunately it happens to a lot of women. The value of the conversations what drives me to talk to women such as yourself. All the other stuff falls in later. Me I am trying to get to know people. It is the self imposed stresses that are lies we tell ourselves that keep us from discovering new people and having friendships and relationships. It can also determine successes, financial, career, relationships. I am rambling and you get the just of what I am saying.

• That means you are physically very attractive but guys only like to see you from a distance and so they don't really want to approach you.

• 7d

Don't know at this point but you could be right. Thanks for the advice!

• I understand you'd like the guy to approach u but as it obviously isn't working why can't you go over and say hi? ;)

• 7d

they need to stop being so damn subtle. its not helping at all. spread this advice as far and wide as you can

• 7d

once or more than that?
      I attempted every darn thing to get a girlfriend and every time it ended up the same.

• 7d

Tried it a good couple of times. Your approaching the wrong girl. Keep looking and keep talking don't give up! Girls love a guy that comes up to them talks to them for a while and then compliments them. It makes them feel wow he actually likes me. A guy that goes straight for a compliment we will think this isn't his first time and we will think he is a player. My advice to you is don't give up, keep talking to girls and you will find the right one.

• If that's you in your profile picture then I guess it's because they might be too scared to do so.

• 7d

Yep that's me in the profile picture. Haha there is nothing to be scared about I'm just a normal person

• 7d

Guys often get anxious when trying to approach a beautiful girl.

• Where do you go out? Unless you want a drunk 50 year old, maybe you need to research where to hang out in your area.

• 7d

I would go out where my age groups goes but usually where I live there isn't a certain place for my age everyone just goes. Thanks for the advice!

• Maybe they're pussy? 😂
    But seriously I think they are scared of rejection or something cause you look dope

• I'm the poster man for being rejected and I just don't bother anymore.
    women drop subtle cues and many men don't understand

• 7d

Maybe your not approaching the right girl. Keep trying and don't give up! The right girl is out there

• 7d

hahahaha. I doubt it. How do you keep trying when they keep rejecting you? I've struck out for 13 years.

• 7d

Well believe it or not but I have never had a boyfriend so I know how it feels. But honestly don't give up! It will happen when you least expect it. Don't keep thinking how long you struck you out if you keep thinking like that then you will never find the right one.

• Try looking back and smiling at the guys you want to approach you.

• They are appreciating your look, but perhaps they are not single. And you never know, a guy who is single but is staring at you, might be nervous to talk to you.

• unbelievable

• He's just thinking "Damn she has a big ass nose"

• 7d

Haha!! LOL, your a right idiot aren't you

• 6d

Again, your a right idiot

• 5d

Ignore @Mazout... he's an ass! You are very beautiful and perfect. I'd approach you if I had the chance.

• either u have negative vibes
    or your friends look better than u

• do more than smile, play with your hair, keep looking over. Things like that

• 7d

Good tip I will try that. Thanks for the advice!

• 7d

No worries, a smile isn't always a sign of interest. So make sure he knows

• Are you sure they're staring at you? They could just be looking in your general direction. It would probably be a better idea to not assume that everyone is watching you.

• 7d

There staring directly into my eyes. So I'm positive

• Fear of rejection. All the same reasons women don't. Approach guys you like back.

• maybe too pretty, intimidated and thinking someone like you is taken? I don't know

• maybe when you smile at them, they get really nervous thats why they dont approach you

• Are you Iranian?

• Hey, you're pretty. Can I have your number?

• They check you out.

• If someone is really interested in you they will go out of their way to get your attention.

• Why would a 50 yr old approach you?

• Because we might get rejected, why don't you approach that would make things a lot easier.

• 7d

I tried approaching guys it didn't go very well

• Men find you attractive but are too scared to ask you out.

Have you tried approaching guys? How did that work out?

• 7d

Aw thank you! Yeah I have tried that it didn't go too well

• My theory is true then, that all young guys became chicken because of social media.

• 7d

Yeah I honestly think your right. Thanks for the advice!

What Girls Said 2

• look at my questions i just asked similar ones

• he may be shy