True or false: Relationships are more likely to work when the male is more into the female?

than she is into him. I've read this dating advice in several places ... that women shouldn't try to date guys they're super into, but rather guys who are super into them who they can tolerate. What do you think?

• True
  • False

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah I could see this idea working out , mean if the guy really liked her its not very likely he is going to want to end the relationship soon , so they 'd have some time to get to know each other and develope there relationship . where is if she went after some hot guy with lots of other options he might not stay as long and be seeing other girls on the side . and might not even be concerned about the success of the relationship to begin with .

What Guys Said 5

• False. If she's not as into me or more into me it would kill my energy for her. It would seem like she didn't appropriate my effort and make me less into her. Girls that are more into the guy are more likely to grow on the guy if he is not a total douche, so long as she's not rushing him to marriage.

• Absolutely false! I definitely think the relaionship is more likely to work out if the girl is more into the guy. Girls (atleast the ones I've dated) tend to be more picky. They talk with their friends more and they are much more likely to look for a reason to move on if they aren't very attracted to the guy. Women are usually more picky and harder to please than men.

• it should be mutual

• bullsh*t!

• Guys just don't like to face that they get chicks they are really hot for and girls kinda settle for a guy who is so-so. Guys will go to great lengths to delude themselves of an inconvenient truth, if it saves their ego and gets them what they want.

• It's not that girls don't want looks ... it's just that we realize that the guy needs to be much more attracted to us than we are to him. If we're equally attractive, he won't fall in love the way he does with girls he considers "out of his league" and would cut of his arm to get a piece of.

• What the hell ever happened to meeting up with someone of your same energy?

If you obviously aren't on the same energy-page as someone that you are "super into" chances are that they are either a 10 in looks or a 10 in character. Do things to proactively make yourself more attractive:

- Join a gym

- Socialize with friends

- Stop judging others in positive, negative, and even neutral light

- Stop comparing yourself to others

etc

And furthermore, why in the ba-jesus would someone date someone they can "tolerate" who's super into them? I don't want to be a baby sitter but I don't have a problem being a friend. I will happily bring them up to the same page, but playing the "teehee I like you *poke*" is off-putting...

What Girls Said 1

• i've actually heard this, but its not fair to the guy if he's really into you and you're just tolerating him. the love should be equal. the guy should be really into you though. I think its stupid for women to be running behind a guy that is obviously only tolerating them. I see a lot of girls like this and its just sad. get ya self esteem up and only deal with a man who is super into you!