How can a guy choose between two girls?

So here's the deal, my best friend is in love with two women. He lives with one (even though some say that maybe he moved a little too fast on that front) and works with the other. He's always been a good and honest man and he thought he was set for life with the women he's living with, he thought he would end up marrying her, but then he met this other girl which he says is being pushed to him by destiny in more ways than one. He's fallen in love with her and couldn't imagine his life without either one of them anymore.

I've seen what this situation is doing to him, it's tearing him apart and I really want to help him, but I've no idea how to advice or make him see. I don't want to put my feeling for either one of this girls in the situation because it's not me who's going to spend the rest of my life with them, I do think both are good and nice girls though.

What could I say to him to help him figure this out? He's been with his girlfriend for a year and a half and he's been in love with this other woman (whom I understand loves him back) for almost 6 months. He doesn't want to hurt either one of them but doesn't know who to choose.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Advice?

Many thanks!

What Guys Said 1

• why don't you tell him what a girl wants to give for a guy when they fall in love, and see how close the two come to that...you can help him come up with a list of the top 10 do's and 10 dont's of what he wants as well..he can narrow things down even further from that...any dont's is pretty much a breakup factor, by the way, so either girl may not be the one

What Girls Said 0