What would be the best first date?

I am just curious. or what is the best first date you have had?

• Something Traditional like dinner and a movie
  • Something cute and romantic like a picnic or candle light dinner
  • Something adventurous but not extreme like hiking or kayaking
  • Or Something more extreme like sky diving or rock climbing

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's cool that the girls marked on the poll that they did something adventurous on their best first date! Thumbs up girls! :)

• Thanks :)

i'm slightly disappointed that guys mostly marked the romantic stuff, is that because they think that's what girls want? or do guys actually like that romantic stuff? I personally hate romance unless I've been with a guy for awhile, otherwise is uncomfortable.

• Yeah, I think guys think that girls want romance because we hear a lot of girls saying they want romance. Personally, I tend to not realize that girls want adventure too - not just guys. I always thought, too, that they only just wanted romance, so I think that's why a lot of guys want to be Prince Charming for the girls they date - to give the girls what they think they want - which, I guess until I read this poll, would be romance! Sorry girls! Glad to know you're cool! :)

What Guys Said 4

• I say, something spontaneous. Now you might argue that it wouldn't be called a date if it is spontaneous, but if the whole point is to get to know her and have a great time, then why do you even need to set a date, time and a place? If she is up for it just drop in with a basket of stuff to have a picnic in the back yard. No back yard, try the living room floor. Or just stop by and pick her up and go to a park and climb a tree, or just sit underneath it.

• Going on a walk through a park while eating lunch is my idea of a great first date. It's relaxing and a great way to learn about your date.

• My best date on the girl would have to be going to the playground at night =O. The reason why I loved that date so much because it was unplanned. We were suppose to go to the carnival but they ran out of tickets and their was a playground near bye. Their was no one their so it was perfect for the both of us.

Usually the best things happen on accidents.

• Something cool and fun like going to an amusement park or a way cool museum.

What Girls Said 9

• i like to do something fun for the first couple dates so that we will have stuff to talk about on the next few. I don't like having long conversations on the first couple dates, its awkward.

• Yeah, I can agree about the awkwardness - I think that you are right about the doing something together part because that way, too, you're not constantly having to talk or try to make conversation.

• My favorite first date was a trip to the zoo, it was really fun and I hadn't been in so long. And a really cute bird landed on my shoulder in this Atrium(I think that is what you call it) thing, and it made a cute picture, and a cute memory. Lol, I know I'm a nerd, ha.

• i love doing out doors stuff, and I would be so impressed if a guy planned a date to go fourwheeling, or repelling or anything fun like that. it'd be a great date.

• A movie and dinner make a good first date, it's comfortable and easy.

• Movie and dinner? Yaaawn and blech! Common, a first date is to get to know someone, how are you going to do that sitting for two hours in a dark room where you can't talk? And then you're suppose to go watch each other stuff food in your faces?? Oh and I bet you're suppose to pick up the tab right? No way.

Do something fun. Ride a bike, go for a walk, go to driving range, paint mural, volunteer at a soup kitchen...something DIFFERENT... dang it.

• Wow, okay, I'm sorry my answer didn't live up to your standards. I'm just stating my opinion, I don't need an asshole like you to come and tell me why dinner and a movie isn't a good idea.

• You guys are funny! LMAO

• I love the total classics

Dinner and a movie.

Walk on the beach.

• I'll give you walk on the beach, but unless your lucky enough to LIVE by the beach, then that's probably not happening. Dinner and movie? Common... You better pay half Ajlucke!

• Im guessing some girls like dinner and a movie if they usually want something material out of the date.

• I'm not sure if this is our first date or not, but I recently just went to a park with this guy(that may lead into a relationship), the park has a stage right next to a lake. we just sat there and talked and watched as the moon went up(it was bright orange) and then we went up to the top of this tower in the park and I'm scared of heights so he held my hand all the way to the top and then at the top he stepped behind me ad wrapped his arms around me. we just stood up there for a little while and then we went back down. this park also has one of this big circles of cement that has a design that is a maze in it. well we walked the maze. at the end of the night he gave me a kiss goodnight. nothing major just a couple of small lips only kisses that lasted about 2secs each. haha it was super romantic. if I consider it a date it would b my best first date ever. :)

• I think either going to an amusement park or ice skating would be the perfect first date

An amusement park because you'll get to be closer when on the roller coaster and the guy can comfort you if your scared

And ice skating would be nice because the two could hold hands and just skate around together and talk :)

• my answer would have to be either dinner or a movie

• i like just staying in.you can cuddle more, and the popcorn you make at home is so much better than the stuff at the movies