Which gender expects a whole lot more out of the opposite sex when it comes to dating and relationships?

Do guys expect more out of girls? or do girls expect more out of guys? Which gender wants more positive qualities in the opposite sex? guys or girls? In my opinion, I think girls expect more out of guys, because guys have to be confident, have to have the right attitude, the right social skills, conversation skills, talking skills, the right mentality, actually have a life, have a fun personality. Meanwhile, a lot of guys will accept a girl who is bratty or boring, has no life, is not a good talker, not confident, if she is at least really cute and hot. Girls still expect a lot out of guys even if the guy is in good shape and overall, good looking. But people always say the Grass is Greener on the other side, so it could be debatable.

• Guys expect more out of girls, are more picky and have higher standards
  • Girls expect more out of guys, are more picky and have higher standards
also, guys can make a lot more mistakes than girls can when it comes to attracting a member of the opposite sex, it is literally impossible for a girl to creep out a guy, but it's the easiest thing in the world for a guy to creep out a girl
plus, the list of things that turn off girls is a lot longer than the list of things that turns off guys
I'm liking the votes I get so far, and I'm curious, why do some girls think that guys expect more from them?
Who else cares to vote?
like which gender has higher expectations?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with everything you said.

Girls have much higher and many more expectations when it comes to relationships.

If a guy does anything wrong on the first date, he's labeled a creep and that's the end of that.

And throughout a relationship, girls need great open and honest communication, great dates, affection, etc.

Good luck.

• Yeah, it's like girls make guys go through a series of tests, generally mental tests

What Girls Said 11

• many girls expect prince charming to ride in on his white horse, sweep her off her feet and take her back to his castle, where they'll live happily ever after. ya.. I think girls may expect a bit more from guys. there are still many guys out there that expect very little from women, just a housekeeper that will stay home while he works, make a few babies, dinner for him every night, and have sex occasionally... actually... I suppose you could look at that as expecting far too much as well... for girls like myself, that would be hell.

• Yeah, also there are more things that turn off girls than there are that turn off guys

• Women are more picky about mental and spiritual things because they want someone they are compatible with on all rounds. Men are more critical about looks and to a certain point guys look for the right attitude in a girl as well they just don't realize it

• Agreed, it's like girls put a huge emphasis on a guy's social skills and confidence, attitude, mentality

• I picked the guy...but all of those things shouldn't be lumped together. guys typically expect more...they basically want the perfect girl. like a virgin who is somehow great in bed and a freak in the sheets and a perfect body and face and who does everything their mother does too. but guys usually aren't very picky and lower their standards easily.

Girls do expect a lot out of guys but at the same time realize its not gonna happen. We are pickier than guys usually. And the girls that do have high standards usually stick to their standards better than guys stick to theirs I think. So I don't think there can be only one answer, and it also depends on the person.

• In my opinion, it's easier for a girl to get a boyfriend than it is for a guy to get a girlfriend

• Guys are more chill and layed back while girls pick out every little single thing. And guys tend to have this "whatever" attitude unless it's something important. Sorry if my assumption is wrong there guys. Ha.

I think it was in The Ugly Truth, they were talking about this, how girl's have a check list and unless a guy meets all those requirement he won't pass. Even when he has something about him that surpasses the things on list, if he's missing one he still won't pass. It might not be THAT extreme but that's the general idea.

"You come to love not by finding a perfect person but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

That's the way it should be done.

• A lot of guys will date a girl who is bratty or boring, is not confident, does not value herself, does not have a fun life, but as long as she is cute or pretty, most guys will still date her

• I think women expect more from guys because society has a lot of standards on how a guy should be in order to woo a woman. He has to be confident, respectful and a leader in a sense. Women, on the other end, feel like they're entitled to a good man who has big goals and who will treat them well.

Overall, women feel like they have more of a reason to be choosy of a mate. Evolutionarily speaking, women do have a right because if she wants kids, she wants a guy who will be able to support her and her child.

• Yeah you have a good point, I don't blame women for being more picky and expecting more from men

• As a female, I think that in general we ladies expect much more from guys than they expect from us. (In general-- there ARE exceptions!) I don't think it's something that either gender can control, it just happens to be this way naturally.

• Maybe those who believed guys expected more were looking from the aspect of physical appearances. From what I've noticed, a lot of guys have pretty high standards when it comes to looks. Granted, I've seen some attractive guys with not-so-attractive girls. But I've seen more guys go for women who are more attractive than they are. I hope that made sense.

• I totally admit that I, along with so many other girls, can be very picky and intimidating. While we get pressure for magazines to look perfect and be perfect, guys get pressure for us to look, act, kiss, talk to us perfectly. Girls have a lot of BS rules about how a relationship should go that guys feel like they have to live up to, which really sucks :/

• Girls are very picky and choosy on a guy's social status

• i think the girls have a lot of more expectations in a relatiohsip than a guy who just seems to most of the time go with the flow.

• Agreed, it's like girls make guys go through a series of tests

• I think guys expect more out of girls. Most guys I know think asking out girls and chasing after them is too much effort, so girls have to do most of the work with starting a relationship.

• I think girls expect more, girls expect guys to be perfect everything

• When I had my first boyfriend I felt like he expected SO much out of me. He would call me everyday and talk for hours (about himself!). He would always expect me to come to his games or a friend's concert and when I couldn't he would get upset. He also would get mad if I didn't remember our 1 month or 3 month anniversary and stupid things like that. He would just expect me to drop everything else for our relationship, which I wasn't willing to do. I suppose it depends on each type of person and their approach on relationships...

What Guys Said 8

• Your first idea was correct. It isn't a matter of debate. Girls are more picky. If they weren't, they'd be out approaching guys, but they aren't.

• Agreed, it's way easier for a girl to get a boyfriend than it is for a guy to get a girlfriend

• This is an interesting question, and should likely inspire some fierce debate. I honestly can't decide which gender expects more out of the other though, it seems like people on both sides can set the bar pretty high.

• In my opinion, it's women, they expect us to have a good personality, have good social skills, be confident, and that's not something we are all born with, for the most part, girls just have to look good in order to be considered girlfriend material

• Yeah, and since we traditionally, and still have to for the most part, initiate, women have the slight advantage

• Well it seems for the most part, us men have to have high or great social status, be successful in life, and not just money, meanwhile women for the most part just have to look good, that's all. The list of positive qualities that women want in men is a lot longer, a lot bigger than the list of positive qualities us men want in women. Also, the list of things that turn women off is a lot longer than the list of things that turn off us men

• In simple words...

everybody obeys darwin's theory of evolution"males competetive, the females are choosy"

its as simple as that

haha

• girls for sure,

altho, there are some really picky dudes out there

my roomate says he has to date a girl that is ATLEAST an "8.25"

10 being god-like perfection, and he says that no one can ever be a 10.

i just find it funny when we talk about girls a girl I think is super hot or dateable, he say yeah they are ok.

• Don't you think it's easier for a girl to get a boyfriend than it is for a guy to get a girlfriend?

• Girls will openly admit they are more picky, more demanding, more entitled, than men.

At the same time they don't see anything wrong with it, complain that men have it easier, and will jump at a chance to degrade them.

• I once saw a 2 page 150 point list of "qualities" a man must possess in order to date this girl.

Btw. she was a 500lb 40 year old woman, with acne and facial hair.

Gee... I wonder why so many women are single.

• Relationships and dating are easier for them

• Girls expect more from guys, than guys generally expect from girls

• Yeah, which is why girls have it easier

• girls definitely are more critical on their guy, even though guys tend to be pretty selective

• normally kisses on the forehead is a sign of strong desire for someone you love and adore so much, so therefore if your Ex-boyfriend kiss you on your forehead that means he truly truly loves you very much and respect you so much and will always love and cherishing you at all time.

FELIX I IMOSILI