What would make a guy call a girl who isn't his girlfriend sweetie and/or babe?

^^all up there basically...he and I have been texting a bit lately and when he has to go he almost always calls me sweetie. And he has called me babe before too. Why? And should I call him something back and what?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well all of my friends are girls except for one. And most of them call me sweetie too. Although I don't really call my friends that except for ones I have feelings for. It could just be a term of endearment or he thinks you are a sweetheart. If you like him then yeah you should call him some pet names too. It could just be a form of flirting as well.

• I don't usually use pet names...do you think it would freak him out if I started occasiionally? Only when he uses them for me first though.

• I don't think it would freak him out maybe just like you say do it every once in a while. From experience I didn't use pet names much either just babe and baby which are mostly what guys use and occasionally sweetheart.

What Guys Said 2

• Could be friendly, could be flirty, try to push the flirty act and see what happens. Rejection is better than regret

• he likes you

What Girls Said 1

• he's flirting