Does a 'Truth or Dare' Kiss Count?

I was at a friends party/sleepover and I'd invited the guy I liked along, he agreed, happily came along and stayed the night. We'd been flirting for ages and he's just so extremely amazing! Eventually quite late at night we all played truth or dare. there were some "I dare you to kiss -----" dares which had been rejected and stuff, but my best friend being the queen that she is dared me to kiss my crush, it was a bit awkward for a second what with 6 other people watching us. but we both agreed and kissed. It was AMAZING. It was only a small kiss but it meant a lot to me and I think it meant the same to him =]

Later he was dared to kiss one of my friends and he came so close to kissing her but ended up just saying "I can't!" shyly which made me feel like it actually did mean something to him too.

Anyway, my question; does this count as a first kiss? It meant a lot to me and still does - but I've heard that kisses that were during truth or dare don't count for some reason?

Ahh this seems like so long ago! Just skimming through old questions.

Me and this boy have now been dating for 5 months. =)

Just goes to show doesn't it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm trying to figure out exactly what you mean by "does it count"? Count for what exactly?

Is this your first kiss EVER? If that's the case then I say since it mattered to you, then it counts. If somewhere down the line someone asks you about your first kiss you can just say, "I know some people don't count it but my first kiss was a truth or dare kiss. I count it because I really liked the guy I had to kiss a lot. (It you get together you can also add that you ended up getting together after the kiss.) After that, my first non-dare kiss was ________ (Fill in the blank when you get another kiss)"

If this is just your first kiss with this guy then I say you can count it if you want since it meant something to you. (I guess that's the bottom line here, YOU decide if it counted or not.) But me personally I would only count it if we ended up getting together. Because my thinking would be that if it meant something to him too, we'd eventually get together. So if we didn't get together then I'd assume it didn't mean anything to him. (I realize this may not be true because if the guy is shy he may just figure you only kissed him on the dare and not because you like him, but I'm just a little nutty like that to make this sort of assumption.)

If you guys do get together then I think this could be an ultra cute and romantic story about how you both really liked each other but were too shy to do anything about it until a friend stepped in and dared you. Then you had your kiss and it was so magically that you got together. Everybody say it now "Awwwwwww" Lol.

• My first kiss was under similar circumstances. It was a few weeks ago, I'm 11 by the way. We were playing truth or dare and my crush was there. We were dared to kiss each other. I immediately started arguing. Then my crush walked over and sat next to me, and I said, "I'm trying to change her mind. Do you think this is helping? Then he just kissed me. I asked him why a bit later, he admitted to liking me and I admitted it to him, then we kissed again, for real, not a dare. He's my boyfriend now.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• I too had my first kiss from truth or dare and it too was from my crush. I asked some girls that I'm close to the same thing and the most common answer was, a kiss is a kiss not matter what the context is.

• I kissed a guy once. Yes it f***ing counts.

• Yes they count no matter what others tell you.

What Girls Said 2

• the whole point of a first kiss is a true kiss as long as it meant something for both of you it means it was a true kiss therefor its a first kiss from my own point of view

• Well if did it for you but not anyone else, I'd say it means something. And yes, a kiss is a kiss, no matter what. =) Good luck with the boy, he sounds too good for you.