Texting during a date?

i have friend we went out on a date (or maybe just hanging out now that i think about it) anyways we were at a bb game we took a picture together. OK here's the problem. she was texting her "friend" which was a guy while she was with me telling him look am at game (which included a pic of us in text) why is she thinking about this guy while shes with me? am i just a friend?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes you are. Or a man with no balls to tell her to put the phone down.

It is one of my biggest pet peeves. Ladies, if you are constantly texting someone else (even if it is a just another girl) you come across as unorganized, rude, and uninterested. Deal with that business when you are not with us, and do not say you are free when one hand is always going to be on the phone.

If it was important, it would be a phone call. If your are idly texting someone else while on a date with me, you will find yourself in the middle of no where wondering where I went. I will leave faster than you can text "idk my bff Jill" letting you find your own ride home.

• Amen, amen, amen.

• What would you think ? This guy friend has told her she cares for her and has given her gift before am suspicious

• I can't read her mind and neither can anyone else on this forum. Ask her who this other guy is and where you stand with her. You deserve to know that information.

What Girls Said 8

• You might be in her eyes. Only you have enough facts about your relationship with this girl to fully judge that. You should try asking her out on a date and make sure she understands it is one. If she texts during that then you have your answer. Ask her if she likes you.

• I went on a date with a guy and he did nothing but txt the whole time. His phone consistently went off... and I would always complain but he never would put the phone down. Needless to say, I broke it off with him. You need to take control, dude. When you ask her to "hang out", you need to say "lets go on a date"... so then you know for a fact its a date. Then, when she is on the phone txting, you need to say something to her. That's my advice to you! Give us an update on what happens!

• She only texted him once to let him know she was at gm and then a quick response back to his response. regardless if it was a date in her eyes she doesn't seem interested right? is this guy friend of hers a threat you think?

• I found out through the wire I found out through that guy friend she was texting might have a thing for her he's told her he cares for her and has given her a gift that she thinks. Real highly of and is special to her. Would you keep in touch w someone who you know likes you but is just a friend?

• I don't really keep in touch with people who like me like that... but I also know that "through the wire" only holds some truths. If this is what you believe to be true, then why are you so concerned about it? You should move on and find someone else. Unless you really want to hang out with her again and date her. If that is what you want to do then you need to talk to her about this. It seems it hurts you a lot... enough to post someone on this site about it.

• Did she know that she was on a date? Did you specifiy that it was a date? If not, next time just ask her out and see how she behaves.

• I think you're a friend. When I am with a guy that I really, really like, I'm not thinking about guy friends or ever girl friends for that matter... I put my phone away because I genuinely want to spend all of that amount of time with him. It's not even something I think about, I just naturally do it so...I'd say friend zone.

• Ohhh wait yeah okay if it was the way that you described, he could be any type of friend...you'd only know if he was a threat after a legitimate amount of time hanging out with her. I would say to hang out with her more and get to know her and give her a chance, and give it time... time always reveals that kindof stuff.

• oh that sucks ... it is not proper to text while you guys are hanging out.. damn ..

• that is so rude. don't take it any further I know someone like that and she plays guys

• thats so rude you should ask her if she would please stop texting

• i say your just a friend to her, but you could become a couple if you tell her how you feel and ask her out on a date. but what she did is real rude you should have said something to her about it. I say ask her out again on a DATE if she still texts take her phone away for the night lol

• No I think she would be intersted its diffrent for a girl when she just chills witha guy and when she is on a date with him. she will act diffrently around. I don't think the guy its a threat to you if she hanged out with you she will not say no to a date

What Guys Said 3

• i would have left her there. that would have been it. she has no respect.

• Its rude, and you can end up in the friend zone if you don't make it clear that you want a romantic relationship, leting her do that doesn't help

• I would have slapped the sh*t out of her.