Which does a girl/woman prefer... a guy who has many passions or a man who is hyper focused on one passion?

Does she prefer a guy who has many passions or a man who is hyper focused on one passion? (Obviously this is a very subjective question, and there are people that fall between both these parameters)

Many passions ex.: A man who has selected a job that he loves, yet is not totally engrossed in it. He loves trying many things, but does not particularly identify with one hobby or profession to an extreme?

One passion ex.: A man married to his work, could be a CEO or bound to be in the high ranks of a company, but has little time or concern for much else. He truly loves his job. (Does not have to be work, could be anything.)

As I mentioned, these are extremes, but what is more attractive? Seeing a man with many interests and "well distributed passions" or a man who is intensely passionate about one or very few things, with a very strong identity of what he loves?

Just an fyi, it's more of a general question, not so much looking for guidance in terms of how I should be. I know who I am, and what I love, and I'm not going to compromise that for anyone. I love my job, my family, the city I live in, etc.
Just kind of getting a general consensus... I have ideas of what kind of women go for these different traits.
I only mention this because answers that include... "just be yourself!" are not what I'm looking for...more like a poll...which do YOU prefer...out of curiosity.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would prefer a guy that has the right balance, and what I mean by that is a guy that has worked hard to earn the position as a CEO, however knows when to close the door on work and have a life outside as well, so other hobbies are great, stuff that you could do with your wife/girlfriend/kids and family and have some activities which mean 'me' time so that could be anything from reading, gym, karate classes.

I guess it depends on each female, because I am a very independent person I would want someone that is similar in that respect. Someone who has a career, hobbies, friends and their own financial independence too.

Drop me a line if you want to know anymore xx

What Girls Said 7

• i could care less what number of passions he has, I just care that he's a good guy, he's honest, hard working, appreciates the small things I do for him and the big things I do for him, he has similar interests and the last thing or one of the last things I care about is the number of passions he has...

• It's hard to answer this question. I like my man to have different interests, but I don't want wishy washy, change your mind every 5 mins, can't commit to one thing, and never finish anything you start type men. If given the two extremes, I choose the one passion.

• I think women can sometimes be very needy. If a guy is committed to his work and is more focused on that rather than his girlfriend/wife/ partner etc. The girl could get jealous and/or feel neglected or unimportant. It really does depend though. Some women don't need that constant attention, others can't be in a relationship without it.

I would say that you shouldn't have to change what you're passionate about for anyone. If you like what you do than you should stick to it. You will eventually find the right partner that supports what you are passionate about, no matter what that passion or hobby may be.

• I like this one, a very logical answer. (I'm definitely not changing anything about myself...)

• Oh well then I'm glad! :) On a more general note: I'd rather be with a guy that has many different hobbies that way I know he doesn't become obsessed with just one thing and make his whole life revolve around it.

• True that, I like it...I suppose it would be good if they DID have something they loved (I work 12+ hour days a lot, and I love my work) but I work to live, not live to work. So you could say I'm very passionate about my work, but I am also passionate about so many other things. I think when I look at women, it is good to see them have a strong passion, but not be overly obsessed about the one thing.

• jack of all trades, master of one

• id prefer a man with one passion. to me it seems he is more stable

• Everyone is different. Just be yourself, follow your passions, and eventually you will meet the right person for you.

• a man with many passions. more interesting. a guy with one passion could be single minded and boring

What Guys Said 1

• You will always lose money chasing after girls. You will never lose girls chasing after money.

Work on what you want, and the right one will find you.

• Women have it way easier, they can get away with more things than we can.

• You said it its the paper chase

• I think once you are happy and on the right path to reaching your own personal goals, then you can share that happiness with others(female). If you are not happy in the position where you are, I think adding a person to that equation and trying to find happiness with both parties will be more work than finding it for yourself. Food for thought. Just something to think about.