I'm scared I am getting feelings too quick again. How do I control this?

I have been dating a guy for about a month. We chat almost daily for a few hours at a time. Last night he made me dinner at his house, and we watched a movie. Then we cuddled for awhile, and I have not felt the feeling that he was giving me for just holding me in a long time. I have dated other guys, and none of them have ever treated me like this. No...we didn't have sex. We just set in each others arms for the longest time and relaxed. I know it probably sounds silly at this point in the game, but I am allowing myself to develop feelings towards this guy and I don't want to get hurt.

Any advice on how to control this? We are both in our 30s.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I know how you feel...about getting hurt. Controlling your feelings and emotions can be difficult but I think the best approach is to keep things in perspective. What I am referring to is, let the relationship and rapport develop naturally. Go with the flow of things. Keep your guard up and very very slowly bring it down. Let his guy earn your trust slowly. In addition, gradually open yourself up to him in stages. If you do too much too fast then this is how one tends to get hurt and disappointed. I take my time in a relationship and make the guy earn my trust and above all my heart. If I see that there is no potential or we won't mesh then I will back out. It saves me any wasted time and lowers the potential of getting hurt.

Good luck!

• i think maybe it is more worthwhile to learn how to let go

then you can allow yourself to experience another person, then let it go when needed... nothing is forever ,its just a matter of when, so you might as well enjoy it now :)