I'm a 24 year old girl who has never dated or had a boyfriend, but some things have happened that has really hurt me?

Hi everyone, I'm in my 20s and I've never had a boyfriend before or a guy really like me before. To make a long story short, I have always thought that I was molded to be alone. The reason being, I am a career oriented person.

I have only liked two guys in my life. One, 3 years ago, who stopped talking to me suddenly when he spiraled into a depression. Another who said he cared about me, but ended up with someone else and said I deserve better.

I don't think I deserve better. In fact, I don't think I deserve anyone and I always thought that. This just confirms everything. I'm very hurt and this gives to reason to continue to keep to myself.

How do I deal with this?

Most Helpful Guy

• ask yourself this:

are you read to settle down? if no, then your not ready for a relationship.

are you able to manage your time between a relationship and your career? if no, then you are not ready for a relationship.

can you take care of yourself and do you have room to take care of someone else? if no, then you are not ready for a relationship.

do you want a relationship? if no, then you aren't ready for a b/f.

What Guys Said 9

• There are plenty of men who like career oriented women. However when a guy does show interest, you need to be able to respond if you're interested too. If you want a guy in your life, don't hide behind your career. You have to participate to get someone in your life.

• There's someone out there for everyone. It doesn't matter if you are a career oriented person. You just need to find someone who is compatible. Some people like their partner to be ambitious or career oriented. Get out there and don't keep to yourself. I'm sure you will find someone!

• Just be yourself. If a guy can't like you for who you are, then you don't need him. As ML said there's someone out there for everyone.

• It sounds like you have plenty of trouble when it comes to the dating scene, but that may be because you are not willing to try a relationship. Even though you may be a career oriented person does not necessarily mean that you are restricted to a life of loneliness. Plenty of woman pursue careers and love life. It may seem like hard times considering the luck that you've had with your two boy crushes but I'm sure they just were not the one right for you. You shouldn't doubt yourself by saying you don't deserve better. Just be yourself and eventually you'll meet someone.

• your not alone, I'm a 22 year old guy that has been single his whole life, never had a girlfriend, sucks for me more since I'm a guy and we generally have to initiate

• I've never had a girlfriend either, but I bet if I was a girl, I would have had a boyfriend a long time ago

• what do you look like?

• Everyone has someone that likes them

But not everyone can see that

I used to think that no one liked me like that in any way

Then you sometimes find out and realize your were liked, you just weren't seeing it

There is someone out there that likes you

They could probably be in love with you

Just be yourself

Sometime or later the right guy will come along and realize your perfect for him

I hope I at least helped a little

• If you are happy being by yourself great, their are advantages to a relationship like comfort, secuity, intimacy etc sharing good times and bad. It can be safer emotinally to be along but you don't learn or experience or grow as a person by avoiding relatinships. If you want a partner or family in the future you might have to think about what you will do in the future. Or just keep doing what you are doing if you are happy and more interested in career.

What Girls Said 3

• Every man loves a smart woman :) but no man loves a woman that doesn't love herself.. just think about it like even tho one day you may not feel pretty dress it, it gives people a sense that your confident pluuus the guy will come to you but you have to be willing to meet him half way :) ...everyone has a purpose in life an who cares that you in your 20's an havnt dated your taking your time and being cautious and nothing is wrong with that...an as for the guys that said those things jus leave them where they in the past cause a real man wouldn't leave you down an out :) hope this helps

• do a therapy, you sound depressed

• you need to work on your self esteem because you are just as good as anyone else. don't say "i'm not worth ..." and "i don't deserve better"