Am I marrying the right guy?

Hello everyone it's been over a year that I have been away from this site, well I recently encountered a situation that has happened during my absence. Okay like two years ago I tried the whole online dating thing well I met this great guy on there, the funny thing is that we live in the same city. But we exchanged a few messages back and forth, and exchange IM's and would talk online for around two years, at the time I was dating a guy which I was really interested in, and never gave this guy the time or day. And oh boy did he try to ask me out for the longest time. Okay so we go on a date like a month and a half ago and it was good we went to the movies, and I he was very handsome, and I could tell he liked me too. Well from that point on he just left to NC for training he's in the Marine Corp. but will deploy this month to Afghan. Well we had discussed relationships and marriage before, and all of a sudden we start communicating again, you see he left to NC soon right after our date. But we kinda kept contact, well he bought a engagement ring while in NC, and asked me to marry him via webcam. I was shocked and flattered at same time, but I mean although we have known each other via internet for the longest time, we only went on one date, and he wants to marry me. He said he comes back in Feb. so he said that will give me enough time to think about it. I'm kinda confused, I asked him if he's sure this is what he wants and he says he is very sure about it. I need some advice, someone please.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you have to question, then no, you shouldnt marry.

• I would respectfully disagree, I think a lot of people are nervous and have second thoughts, its a huge decision.

• When you have to question this soon, then obviously you shouldnt. Not exactly a no brainer there.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Hope it helps you:

"never replace someone you love (if you still love) for someone you want/desire ... because the one you want/desire, will leave you for someone he loves".

• i think if you like him, then maybe when he gets back, tell him you need a little more time, a couple more dates. then see what he says. he may be hurt a little, but at least he will know your are thinking about it. and most guys appreciate honesty. and if you start to not like him, then its up to you to decided what the best thing to do is.

• No offense, but...how can we know?

if you came here with this doubt, to ask if you are marrying the right guy...believe me, don't marry.