Not allowed to date but I like this guy A LOT!!

okay so I'm a Muslim female and I like a Hindu guy. He's just so sweet and nice. He respects me and I'm pretty sure he likes me because I overheard his friend ask him when he will ask me out. The thing is I'm not allowed to date but I really like this guy. It also goes against my religion. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Time for a few casual afternoon dates. You don't have to go out to eat and a movie. You can start with going to coffee/tea shops, walks etc. Tell him up front what the problems are. See if you can keep things low key. Get to know him.

Not sure how old you are, but I do understand the religious issue. Seems though that you have to follow your heart. After all you are not the first person of your religion to take this kind of risk. In the end, we do know that rich marry poor, Jews marry Palestinians, etc.

Good luck!

What Guys Said 2

• romeo and juliet...when you both can be independent of your parents then go for it otherwise, just keep it secret

• It really comes between breaking your families' traditions and respecting them.

Which would you chose?

• Thats the thing I have no clue what to do! one side of me says go for it.. the other is sh*t scared..

What Girls Said 2

• I know a girl that had this problem...she dated the guy anyway, behind the back of her family. Eventually, she had to choose, and she chose him. she is sikh, and he is hindu. But if you are 18-24, you're pretty much grown up. I don't understand why people can't date who they want. I know it's a religious thing. I am quarter muslim, and I know that side of my family are devout, and can be quite strict. But, could you just be friends with him? I know some parents might be funny with even a boy/girl friendship. But if you just hung around with him with a group of friends, your family might not mind so much? Obviously, keep it a secret if you wanna hang out alone with him. Time will tell. I don't know your parents, but sometimes, they can surprise you.

• I agree .. if it's my life I should be making my own decision. and I get what your saying and all but they are STRICT!! I can't even talk to guys with them knowing. And I don't think I would be satisfied as being just a friend either because it would kill me inside.

• DATE!