Will I ever date again?

I am currently in a relationship that I am ending because I'm not happy. I've been with him for three years and we have a small child. He hasn't treated me or our son the way he should as far a being responsible financially and emotionally . I tried to work things out with him but it has become useless. I am preparing to leave and move out on my own and raise our son. I want to date other guys but I am so afraid that no one will want to date me because I have a child now. I am still fun and attractive and I'm not looking for a man to help me raise my son. I just want to find someone that I could possibly fall in love with. Is that too much to ask? Will anyone ever want to date me again?

Most Helpful Girl

• Of coarse they will! In this generation there are plenty of single mums out there, its part of life now.Fair play to you for ending the relationship, that's a very hard thing to do but you both will become better parents for your child. I don't think you should think of another relationship for a while and just enjoy yourself but you will def fall in love again. My auntie had two children and she got divorced and then married someone 2years later and now she is much happier! it will happen,good luck

What Guys Said 3

• My thought is that you should focus on your child first and foremost. For one, even though their dad hasn't been much of one, your child recognizes that he is their dad.

Many kids don't understand why one parent is not in the living situation, and because there is so much confusion for them, and they see that the other parent is in pain from the break up, they tend to blame themselves for things not working out.

You need to give a lot of loving attention to your child now, and that will require everything you have to offer outside of time away for work. When your child asks questions, really think about where they are going with the questions. Of course, let them know it is not their fault. And don't let their dad play games either. And at the same time don't alienate the dad, because that can have a negative outcome too.

I'm sure you can tell you'll be awful busy.

As far as dating goes, I'm sure you can find plenty of guys who would not mind a child in the picture. As a man in my mid-twenties I have serious doubts about the male population in my age range, but I won't go into that.

I will say that you should be up front with whoever you are dating about your situation/needs, and what you would like. Any guy is going to be confused about what their role will be with your child. Not that they need to be a parent, but understand your child is going to see a male figure who is with you regularly as some form of authority/parent, and your child may demand that of the guy in their unique way.

And remember, you do need to be extra careful about who you date this time around, because once you introduce them to your child, he will be dating the both of you, in that as time moves forward your child will have some expectations, and if things go bad your child may relive their feelings when you left their dad.

I wish you two the best of luck.

• The right guy will date you, the wrong guy will f*** you. Be careful to not confuse sexual attention as guys vying for their spot as your child's stepdad, and also remember that while your child is a huge part of your life, you will probably be dating guys who don't have any kids, and they may be very interested in dating you, but don't want to date your kid, ease them into the situation and be proud of your son, hang out with him and have fun, and your suitors will want to as well.

• Yes just have fun and be outgoing don't let the fact that you are a mom hold you back but remember most men don't want to be babied.that is what you have the child for try to be spontaneous and laugh a lot.I would like you if you were like that so.

What Girls Said 2

• First of all, I'm sorry that happened to you. It's hard now, but you'll get through this.

Of course you'll date again. There are many single moms who date! I would give some time for yourself to get adjust to your new life style though. Because you're going to be super busy bouncing around from job to your son to your love life. I hope you meet a great guy who can spoil both you and your son!

• As a single mom for the last 6 years, I feel for you. I divorced my ex when our son was 4. I want you to know you are not alone! There are many men who will date you as a single mom. For me, I tried online dating first. It was hard to get out for real dates with baby sitting issues in the beginning. But, I highly recommend trying online (mate1.com is free for the ladies). It helps with boosting your confidence back to where it should be if nothing else. Also, I tried going out by myself. It was fun, and I learned how to be my own person again. With that comes the realization, that having a good partner is awesome, but not necessary to be happy. And I would bet serious money on men wanting to go out with you, especially since you say you are fun and attractive! Good luck girl

• Thank you so much for the advice:)