How do you find nice restaurants to take your date for dinner?

i have no idea what type of restaurant is ideal for dates. how would you go about finding one? is it bad to ask your date for suggestions or should you just pick one

Most Helpful Girl

• There's no problem with asking your date if there's someplace she or he would like to go. In fact, I would see it as thoughtful--that the other person cares about my opinion and wants to hear my suggestions. I would probably ask ahead of time though, instead of the other person getting into your car and then you saying, "So, where did you want to go?"

If you are going to be the one choosing the restaurant, I would think about what kind of mood you'd like to set for the date. Do you want it to be fun, romantic, low-key (this can help you decide whether you want to try a new, exotic cuisine, go out for fine dining, or go for some pub fare, etc.)? How much are you able to spend (and will you be paying for your date or going dutch---keeping in mind that even if you plan on paying for your date, the other person may insist on paying for their own meal, so it might be a good idea to choose an affordable place). I like to read reviews about restaurants online if I'm going to try a new place (often reviews will have a menu online, as well as prices, dress, atmosphere, etc. which can be helpful). Talk to your friends, they might also have suggestions.

Personally, I prefer a more unique restaurant over your standard chain-restaurant.

And keep in mind, the better the company, the less it matters if the restaurant turns out to be bad. :D

What Girls Said 3

• Olive Garden if you're in the city area or from NYC. I love that place! It's a romantic, quiet and cheerful setting. and the food is delicious.

• anything Italian:)

• try yelp

What Guys Said 2

• Type it into Google for your city. "Great restaurants for a date"

• go to a hole in the wall place. real personal and out of the ordinary.