Should we just kiss you on impulse?

Okay, 3 questions: ONLY answer the ones you want :D

1.) If you were hanging out with a guy you liked, would you rather him kiss you without asking or would you rather he asked to kiss you first?

2.) What you're friends with a guy (he likes you but you do know it) and you only like him as a friend, but one day he tries to kiss you, would you be upset, mad, embarrassed, awkward? and what would you now think of him?

3) Has any guy just randomly tried to kiss you, if so, what were the good experiences and what were the bad, if any?

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. If he's giving lots of signs and I know he's probably going to kiss me, then there's no need to ask unless he just wants to be cute and gentlemanly. Also, it kind of depends on the context because I'm not a huge fan of PDAs so I'd probably appreciate it if he asked before kissing me if we were around a bunch of people or if we'd just started liking each other but didn't know each other that well.

2. I wouldn't be upset or mad but I'd feel awkward for him and possibly a bit guilty for clearly having lead him on. I wouldn't think of him any differently except I'd probably have to make it a bit more clear that I didn't like him like that.

3. Unfortunately, this is how my first kiss was received. I'd agreed to go on a date with a guy who asked through one of my friends (which in hindsight was probably a red flag) and at first I thought he was nice but a little awkward--definitely wasn't into him as more than a friend and I figured he felt the same way. Towards the end of the night, however, he grabbed me and stuck his tongue in my mouth while I stood there like an idiot. Good times.

What Girls Said 23

• 1.) I would DEFINITELY rather it be without asking. If you he asked to kiss me, it would ruin the spontaneous part of it and then I would get all nervous and flustered waiting for it to happen. So without asking is the way to go.

2.) I would probably a little awkward and embarrassed for him, but I wouldn't be mad or upset. And I admit, the relationship would probably be awkward for a little while after that, but with time it would get back to normal I'm sure.

3.) Nope, but I randomly kissed my guy friend once. We were on the beach at night and I had a huge crush on him and was about 85% sure he liked me too, so I grabbed him and kissed him. It was amazing and a great experience. :)

• 1.) I'd rather him kiss me without asking, since I like him already. If I didn't like him, I'd much prefer him to ask first.

2.) I'd be a bit awkward and a tiny tiny bit upset since he knows that I only like him as a friend, which he didn't respect when he kissed me. However, I'd be glad in a way because he'd have gotten his urge over with. Also, I might even like the kiss, so who knows!

3.) Yes, and random kisses can be very fun as long as we're alone, not like in a crowd or near a bunch of people (like at a party or something). I liked the kiss, because it took me by surprise and I also sort of had a crush on him beforehand, but never talked to him. We ended up dating for a year after that!

• 1) I think I would rather have him just kiss me. The guy I liked asked me first, which was fine as well.

2) If I had a boyfriend then I would be upset. If I didn't I wouldn't be upset, I would be imbarassed and akward. I would just tell him that I didn't feel the same way and make sure he understood that. It wouldn't ruin our friendship or anything.

• 1. If I liked him, I would want him to ask. It just reaffirms the fact that the guy I liked liked me as well. It's really flattering.

2. If I liked him as a friend, and he knew that, I would be probably all four. If I had already told him I just wanted to be friend, and he kissed me anyway, I would think that he had no respect for me or my personal boundaries.

If he doesn't know, I would just tell him I didn't like him. I wouldn't really care, but I would probably hang out with him less unless he is like my best friend.

From your questions, it sounds like you told your friend your feelings, but she hasn't really given you answer. I would wait until she reveals more of how she feels before I made a move.

• 1) I'd rather him kiss me without asking because one, if I wanted him to, it'd be spontaneous and really hot, and two, if I didn't want him to it'd be less awkward for me than him asking me and me saying "Um, no.. Sorry." xD

2) I would probably feel a bit awkward, but feel bad for him. I certainly wouldn't be angry (unless I had a boyfriend at the time or something). I wouldn't think of him any differently. I'd try my best to let him know it's okay.

3.) Nope, never. I wouldn't want a random guy kissing me ever!

• 1.) NO WAY! if he asks, then I would overthink it. then I might say no when I wanted to say yes or say yes and then regret it later. Impulsive kisses are romantic and if I decided afterwards that I don't like the guy then its not like I've given him mixed signals. He took the initiative and it makes it WAY easier.

2.) I'm not sure, it might be a little awkward if I didn't like him back.

3.) hahaha...no comment...

• 1) I'd say the biggest rule of intimacy is NEVER ask to kiss a girl. A spontaneous kiss is so romantic and passionate. just do it!

2) I think I'd go with it and maybe the next day talk to him after I'd thought about it and tell him that I think we should try it out and see how it goes but I hadn't thought of him as more of a friend before this.

3) AMAZING. The spontaneous kisses are the best and my favorite. It was pouring one day and I was leaving somewhere and my boyfriend ran outside, grabbed me and kissed me. That sort of kiss is so memorable and I could never forget it.

• 1) In my opinion I love the impulse. When you don't know that its coming is when it is the best. With impulse the girl doesn't have a chance to pull away. If you asked she may pull away.

2) I feel it would be very awkward. I wouldn't think of him any differently though. unless we ohung out alone.

3) When I was kiss for the first time I was in my back yard just hugging my boyfriend (now ex bf) and he went for my head, my forehead, my nose and then my lips. I constantly push away but teh way he did it I couldn't pull away. I love when you can't push away and he is impulsive but that varies with every person.

• 1, NEVER ever never ask! The answer will be no! It makes it rather awkward.

2, I would feel bad cause obviously I wouldn't kiss him back. It would put me in an awkward situation. I would also then try to avoid him. Doing this is probably not the best idea.

3, I can't answer this one. (:

• 1) Definitely just go for it but give me a bit of warning, like a look. Don't just lunge :)

2) I'd feel awkward. I wouldn't think any differently of him, I'd just feel nervous. I wouldn't want him to feel embarassed or uncomfortable

3) Not that I can remember.

• 1.) I think I'd like him to just do it. if he asked it would be cute but I think its more passionate when they don't.

2.) I wouldn't be embarrassed mad or upset, I guess I'd just go with it. but ensure him later that he's only a friend. what's wrong with friends with benefits?

3.) yes they have. just random hook-ups in a club or a bar. mostly good I don't think I've ever had a bad experience.

• 1.) I would rather him kiss me without asking. I don't why. I just like it like that. :)

2.) That's happened to me before! It was a little awkward for like a few minutes but then it was okay. I told him that I didn't like him like that and we were much better off staying friends.

3.) Nope never happened before.

• 1) don't ask just do it. suprises are way more fun :)

2) I guess it'd probably be awkward from then on

3) yeah my boyfriend loves to suprise me with kisses adn I love to suprise him. I love it cause they're so unexpected :)) never had a bad experience with that

• 1-kiss on impulse, 2-I would just say sorry, I only think of you as a friend. Then get over it. 3-every guy I ever kissed, kissed me out of the blue, it was great. Oh but dude for real don't slobber, it's gross

• 1. I would want him to kiss me, because I like surprises...

2. I'd probably see him as way different.. things wouldn't stay the same.. everything would change.

3. The good part of it is knowing that I my lips are wanted, and the bad is that he wasn't my type, but I didn't want to be mean.

xoxo

Lexus

• 1) Don't ask Id think about it and it would ruin everything. I like him so he doesn't have to ask and id like it more if it was impulsive.

2) I'm not sure it kinda of depends I guess...though I don't think I would be mad.

3) ha ha ackward moment...thats all

• 1. Kiss, no asking. asking shows weakness

2) kiss on the cheeck, if you're friends and you don't like him it would be awkward

• 1) asking could be very cute, but impulsive is very rom-com romantic, so both have their upsides. besides, if you ask first, half of the possible self-embarassment is eliminated.

2) I'm weird, so I would probably be embarrassed even though I didn't actually do anything wrong, and I would be totally flattered. I think I would try to keep the friendship as normal as possible, if he wasn't too embarraseed.

3) nope...

• I would prefer if he just does it...that will show that he is willing to take chances;;; & to me if he asked then that would kinda take away from the moment. But if you're a person who has a big respect policy then I would say definately ask.

• 1. RATHER JUST KISS ME 2. KISS HIM BACK IT WOULDNT BE AKWARD FOR ME AS LONG AS HE DIDNT TELL ANYONE 3. YEA SO MUCH FUN BUT WHERE IM FROM WE JUST SNOG RANDOM STRANGERS AT DISCO'S ITS SO MUCH FUN AND SO ADRENALINE PUMPING LOL YOU SHOULD TRY IT LOL :l)

• 1) either is OK with me :D

2) probably awkward, but I'd try not to embarass him

3)nope

• 1)kiss without asking its a good suprise

2)it would be pretty awkward so don't try it :P

3)cant answer

• 1. I would definitely rather him kiss me!

2. I'd probably let him do it and see how it worked out but it'd probably be awkward afterwards

3. once, but its something we laugh at now. it was cute.

What Guys Said 4

• I would never kiss a girl without asking.

Sex without consent = Rape

Kissing without consent = Still a bad idea

Why do all the girls like the possibility of being kissed without being asked?

Unfortunately the idea of the man always taking the initiative is practically the definition of romance. But of course if a guy is not supposed to ask then either he develops telepathy or he just ignores what the girl might want. I guess most guys rely on body language, which personally I suck at. Still it seems to me that romance focuses on the guy overcoming obstacles to get what he wants. Sudden kisses seem Rom Com as shoshanarose said, but often the whole struggle is that he has to "win her heart". She might reject him at first, but somehow he manages to convince her otherwise. He essentially has to over come her will. Often the final test is simply a matter of how much he wants her, and has little to do with whether or not she wants him. I could go on but this is really appropriate for another post.

• Lmao for the sex w/out consent = rape ;p that just came out of no where

• Well that sex without consent thing kinda makes sense lol, it's all in the realm of just doing something without asking basically

• Just gonna add my input here. If it's second or third date, obviously go for it. A girl will NOT say yes to a second date if she wasn't interested at all. Secondly, make the "impulse" kiss on a subtle whim. Stare at her lips for a few seconds, then go for the kill.

Just my opinion.

• Well, we DO live in a very impulsive society... :/

Who knows? It MIGHT work out for ya...

• Good idea to let the girl know you are interested, flirt, touch, hug etc before you do so otherwise she might freak out...