Would you date a girl that's overweight?

Title says it all.

Most Helpful Guy

• Curvy, sexy, bright, and fun? Yes!

Unhealthy, insecure, or boring? No.

What Guys Said 17

• I've dated an overweight girl. This was not an issue for me, though down the line, it could have been; and I suppose the things that led to her being heavy were also what damaged the relationship early on. She would eat mostly because of emotional issues. She did go to the gym, etc, so she made some amount of effort, which I was fine with. However, her emotional issues DID a lot to kill the relationship.

She had medical problems that also contributed, so I understood that, and I was fine with it. The weight was not a big issue... especially adding that I understood that it wasn't JUST poor food choices or anything to do with laziness.

I suppose it also depends on things like hormones, medication she takes, whether or not she has huge emotional problems that cause it, and if she's working on those things that bring her down, whether she's just eating bad foods and not bothering to work it off, or if she's at least making a good effort to be healthy, lifestyle, etc.

Would I consider dating a heavy girl again? Yes. While I will admit it isn't the ideal "look" that I'd go for, I think personality would do a lot with whether I'd date ANY woman; heavy or thin.

• Depends on how overweight, as many of the other guys said. I can very easily deal with a girl who is a little heavier than average. But if she is so overweight that it looks as though she doesn't care about herself at all, then that's when it becomes very unattractive. I'd prefer a girl who is on the thin side, however.

• overweight yes I would... but there are limits.

• Overweight, yes. Obese, no.

• Personally, I attract overweight women, they love me. (I must look like a giant chocolate bar with legs.)

If I wanted to sleep with one, all id have to do is stop running.

Most guys will sleep with one, but they won't date them.

• Yes, infact I seem more attracted to girls with a little extra.

• She's got to at least go to the gym or run and be active. That can be a turn on. A girl can't be overweight and do nothing about it,thats lazy. I know a girl that was overweight but she stopped eating.didnt exercise and now she's skinny,thats a turn off too. When a girl is trying her best to be in shape and she a little chubby,I think that's a big turn!

• I have found over weight girls attractive before, if I knew she could turn me on in the bedroom, then yes.

• Well it depends on how overweight. If it's like needs a rascal to move kind of thing then I'd say no. But a little extra weight isn't bad.

• No I would not. Its a matter of preference though and not a standard.

• Probably not. Most boxers don't go out of their weight class. Why should I?

• That was a real jerk way of answering the question. all you had to say was no

• It depends. If her personality clicks with mine and she's fairly healthy looking (there's overweight, and then there is obese, ) then yes I would.

• yes I would but in saying that she would have to do some sort of physical activity and eat properly mainly cos I'm fit and love excersice...too some people lazyness and unhealthy lifestyle is a big turn off

• I don't think I could date a girl larger than me since I'm rather thin, although anything is possible as I can fall for a beautiful personality :)

• hell yea and even would married her.

• depends on how overweight

• Most likely no, but it would depend on how overweight she is.

What Girls Said 2

• Of course. Weight isn't really an issue for me. The only reasons I wouldn't date someone who was overweight is:

1. They have a bad personality.

2. They have really low self-esteem/are very insecure.

3. They are unhealthy and unable to do things with me that I enjoy (i.e. going for walks, bike riding, swimming, etc.)

But these things are true about all girls that I might date, regardless of their size.

• Look changes over time. You can burn fats and get rid of them together after dating for better haelth and lifestyle. I think its not a big issue as long as she is nice and respect herself. :)

and true most guys go for the look but trust me the good ones also fall for the good personality :] !