I went on a sort of first date, didn't go too well, what to do?

Yesterday, I went for lunch with the girl I always liked. We're from the same like, community organization, and I see her every Saturday, so yesterday after lunch, we went to church.

The date wasn't too good though. While walking to lunch and after lunch back to community center, we somehow found lots to talk about. However, during the lunch, there were a LOT of awkward silences, and I could see out of the corner of my eyes that she kept looking at me, and I think she was expecting me to talk.

I saw her take out her phone a lot, which showed that she was bored and such.

Yesterday night, I texted her saying that "I am sorry for nearly boring you to death today" and stuff along that line. She hasn't replied yet.

Is she p*ssed? Mad? Not interested? Before the lunch, we could easily send texts and chat well, but after that lunch, even at the community center where we both volunteered at, she didn't talk to me.

Am I screwed?

What Girls Said 1

• No, you're not screwed lol. Sure, you're going to have to do a bit to get it back but if you're really interested in this going somewhere with her, it's easy. It's good that you txted her. Make it into a joke, an awkward joke that you wish hadn't happened, but it did so you gotta move forward. All first dates are awkward! lol and you will probably have more awkward moments to come with her, but you have to learn to laugh about it.

• How can I move it forward? I txted her about it, kinda made it seem light, not too serious. She hasn't replied yet. We're also watching the same TV show together, so I txted her and was like "blah blah blah happened, that was so (insert random word here) and stuff like that, but she still hasn't replied

• Sounds like you're doing everything right, and she's not giving you anything. Sorry to say it about the girl you like, but she sounds like a bitch right now. It's obvious that you're really trying and she's not responding. That could be because she's embarassed about the awkward silence moments, and not interested in trying you again. I would suggest seeing her in person. Track her down and talk to her about it. Just say pretty much the same things that you did in the txt. Be light about it :)

What Guys Said 1

• lots of things you can do and avoid being sorry

• My friends say the same thing, but I don't know what to do

• But right now it seems as though she's ignoring me.

and if there are awkward silences, what should I do? If that happens with my other friends, even female friends, somehow it's totally fine, and sometimes I just shout "lalalalalala awkward silence lalala" then we laugh and somehow find something to talk about..

kinda hard to do that with her

• Thats what you need to do, either smile and enjoy her, or make fun of it